Honored Contributor

Re: Scott Peterson One Step Closer to New Trial

He deserves to have a fair trial. But a juror misrepresenting her experience with domestic violence doesn't exonerate him in the slightest. That characterization is just his supporter spinning the situation to try to help his cause.

He has the benefit of a good lawyer here, which all defendants deserve but do not all receive. Let him have a new trial if the judge determines it is warranted. And not if not. Nothing has come up that makes him any less guilty. He clearly did it and has been correctly convicted. It's highly likely he will be convicted again.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

The problem here is with the juror that lied! Everybody deserves a fair trial. You can't let the name Scott Peterson influence that. This juror clearly had an agenda. She wrote a book, so she wanted on the jury for that reason.

Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Between him and Chris Watts my blood just rages!!!  Both are disgusting creatures.

Don't forget Jeffrey Mc Donald.....

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

The problem here is with the juror that lied! Everybody deserves a fair trial. You can't let the name Scott Peterson influence that. This juror clearly had an agenda. She wrote a book, so she wanted on the jury for that reason.

Seven jurors were involved in writing books after the trial. The judge will decide about a new trial based on the evidence presented at the hearing. Peterson's family member making claims of "new evidence" has nothing to do with the hearing. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I expect he will get a new trial due to juror misconduct but I believe the result will be the same.  Same verdict.

Trusted Contributor

As others have said he deserved a fair trial and I just want to add this will not be good for CA if the tide turns and sets him free.  Peterson will sue for millions.  I think everyone has too much on their plate....this is too much and I am hoping the result stays the same.