Honored Contributor

Re: Score! Found a pack of tortillas in my freezer

@Spurt  He even touches a fry and the phaser is off stun.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt  He even touches a fry and the phaser is off stun.  

@Laura14 

Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

2 Ply Extra Soft Charmin, tempted yet?

If not, I can throw in some Bounty!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@beckyb1012   I have actually done that.  I use several of their products and have ordered directly from them several times.  Never did the tortillas because they are a frozen food even though it looks like they do ship them out but if this lasts much longer, I may do so. 

I have never bought tortillas in the freezer section these are off the shelves.  But boy I keep them that way at home since I love them so much.   Hope you score some more.

-----------

So I had to laugh!!  I have lived with tortillas all my life - often lucky enough to have homemade!! I do prefer flour, but will eat corn. But I have never heard of anyone freezing them!!  Smiley Happy

So some possibly stupid questions...don't they get mushy??  Do you defrost the whole package or just take a few out at a time?? I have to buy them now and hate to run out. May try the freezing in the future!! 

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@beckyb1012   I have actually done that.  I use several of their products and have ordered directly from them several times.  Never did the tortillas because they are a frozen food even though it looks like they do ship them out but if this lasts much longer, I may do so. 

I have never bought tortillas in the freezer section these are off the shelves.  But boy I keep them that way at home since I love them so much.   Hope you score some more.

-----------

So I had to laugh!!  I have lived with tortillas all my life - often lucky enough to have homemade!! I do prefer flour, but will eat corn. But I have never heard of anyone freezing them!!  Smiley Happy

So some possibly stupid questions...don't they get mushy??  Do you defrost the whole package or just take a few out at a time?? I have to buy them now and hate to run out. May try the freezing in the future!! 

@corita I have been freezing mine and everything else practically since I live alone and things can go bad.  I did learn the hard way you have to do a slow defrost in the fridge and not on your counter to stop the mush.  Most days I just pull out in put in the fridge before I go to work.  Right now I have for example 1/2 can of refried beans and 1/2 can of chili with so many other things in the freezer.  These do get watery so about an hour before I make my dinner I put in the fridge just to soften up to had to my tortilla concoction.  Then back to the freezer.  I freeze 1/2 of everything from store bought cookies to my son's delicious grilling feasts from his home.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom My little sister is toast.  Done!  

@corita I buy Siete which is made with almond flour, cassava and pumpkin.  They come frozen.   I keep a pack in the refrigerator to use and I've never had one get mushy or go bad on me.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom If you have a Publix near you, there was sugar galore.  Very well stocked.  Got everything I missed at the other place except tissues.  They just don't exist anymore.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 @I want some grease now too.I want a huge burger and double order fries.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@KingstonsMom My little sister is toast.  Done!  

@corita I buy Siete which is made with almond flour, cassava and pumpkin.  They come frozen.   I keep a pack in the refrigerator to use and I've never had one get mushy or go bad on me.  

-------------

Thanks...will have to Goggle that brand.  Am sure there is no such thing in my area...Southwest USA!!

Honored Contributor

@corita I think they are out of Texas.  I find them in Whole Foods, Publix, and I believe they just got into Target too.  The tortillas are a Whole Foods only for me but the chips are all over around here.