Honored Contributor

Re: Scorching Heat Dome Over Middle East: 165 F In Iran

@sunshine45 Not to mention our Military is still in that part of the World.  SMH someone would say that.  

Honored Contributor

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

And everyone mocked AG when he warned of this not so long ago.

He also said Artic ice would be gone by 2013, and yet there are record amounts of the stuff.  Research ships are getting stuck, and some areas can't get in supplies.  There's well over 500,000 square miles more ice than expected.  

England is also going through a cold spell, and many say we're entering a mini ice age.

Unfortunately, that is not correct:

Noaa report says Arctic sea ice is disappearing at unprecedented pace

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/06/noaa-report-arctic-ice-climate-change

An Arctic ice cap’s shockingly rapid slide into the sea

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/01/23/an-arctic-ice-caps-shockingly-ra...

Arctic sea ice disappearing at record rate

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/arctic-sea-ice-disappearing-record-rate-150524091720040.html

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Susan Louise just posted a report on how hot it will be in America by 2100.

Those interested might want to check out that information:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Video-How-hot-will-it-be-in-2100/m-p/2012380#U2012380

Given that there are over 100 scandals about changing temps for studies, one just broke this week in fact, then they can't know squat.

You'll need to back that comment up with a source, especially considering your comment about ice is completely wrong.  Wrong as in on the exact opposite end of the planet.  So I will continue to regard your other comments as stuff you hear that is bogus or misinterpreted by you and confidently passed off as fact.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's the opposite of all credible reports.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I remember back in the 197o's when environmentalists went bezerk and were in an alarm about the cloud seeding.  They just shouted it was wrong just to be mouthing off.  We develop technology and we make strides in learning things to make all our lives easier.  The cloud seeding back then was because it was a critical move due to a critical situation.  We didn't just roll over and whine and suffer. 

Well, they got the practice to stop and now where are we?  I don't know about a dome over So CA as I've lived here all my life.  We have warm to hot weather but that's natural for us especially now in the Summer months.

Don't know about Iran nor do I have much sympathy or concern for them. 

Hi LR, well, I don't know how you've missed it.  In Northern CA we've been hearing about the pressure dome of heat for probably two years now.

It's cited as the reason we are having a drought.  Because of the high ridge of pressure, we aren't getting rain to any degree, it's being pushed to the East Cost. 

Rain cleans our air, and because there really is none to speak of up here, those of us with asthma and other breathing problems are in trouble, not to mention our agriculture is suffering.

The gov has done more to harm agriculture than anything else by refusing to send it to them.

The governor refused to send rain to them?    Terrible!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a feeling these temps are not that new. I remember the days before someone decided to think up a way to make humans feel more uncomfortable than they already do.

When it was -10° I knew it was very cold. When temps on my job thermometer went to the top, which maxed out at 120°, I knew it was very hot. I didn't need a meteorologist or oceanographer to tell me when it was very hot or very cold.

So someone made up the  names "Windchill" and "Heat Index". What way do they have to measure how cold or how hot it was "way back when" before these names were invented?

I am sure they will have some gobilygook way of throwing around terms of how they can go back in time and make use of these "heat index/wind chill" terms to justify saying "the hottest or coldest" since the year(make up any one that will do).

Hey! These people have to keep their jobs don't they? Now that most have access to weather and temp reports via internet, and thermometers, they gotta come up with something.

These same people will tell you about how cold(with wind chill)you feel, but a motor vehicle sitting on a hill with no wind blockage, won't be effected by the wind chill. How convenient for them. For those that believe this humans versus motor vehicle story line? I got some property ** **** *** and very cheap.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Gosh darn those scientists, right, John?  They must have stayed in school too long.

Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Gosh darn those scientists, right, John?  They must have stayed in school too long.

Yep! Educated beyond their intelligence and way beyond their common sense. 

I'll stick to dressing myself in winter and cooling and hydrating myself in the summer. Been working just fine for me both before and after these words wete added to their scientific literature, or was it their fictional literature?  Hmmm!

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Yep! Educated beyond their intelligence and way beyond their common sense. 

I'll stick to dressing myself in winter and cooling and hydrating myself in the summer. Been working just fine for me both before and after these words wete added to their scientific literature, or was it their fictional literature?  Hmmm!

John, John, John.  Someone doesn't get educated beyond their intelligence, it doesn't work that way.  And luckily, it's not required that you or anyone else understand them.  I agree, just keep dressing yourself and let the experts deal with the rest.

Super Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

Maybe God is giving ISIS and company a taste of hell!Man Very Happy

I wondered who would be the first to say something this insensitive. There are millions of people and animals affected by this heat and all you can think about is an evil few?

I don't believe in any God who has the unfortunately human trait of vindictiveness.

Pretty sure it was said kind of tongue in cheek to make a statement about how evil Isis is. You do think they're evil....don't you? 

Why do so many seem to always be on the lookout to be offended I wonder?