Honored Contributor

Schwan’s burger patties. Which ones are best?

[ Edited ]

If you have tried their burgers, especially if you've tried more than one type; which of the selections tastes best? Any other tips about them would be appreciated. Any tips about cooking on the George Foreman Grill are also appreciated. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Schwan’s burger patties. Which ones are best?

[ Edited ]

i purchase the schwans black angus beef burgers.

i like them medium rare usually and cook them about 6 - 7 minutes on each side.....from frozen. i use the meat occasionally if i run out of ground beef.

the taste is wonderful, especially if you are craving a burger.

i also like the angus beef bacon and cheese burgers which are usually a seasonal product. they are currently available.

i fry them in a pan on the stovetop.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I have tried two different types. One was the 4 ounce burger that was pre-cooked, that just required to be covered in microwave for a minute, packaged lose in a bag.The other one is a 6 ounce burger that needs to be cooked, packaged 2in a pack  and vacuum sealed.  Honestly, for our house we prefer the ones that are pre-cooked. They are the right size, little effort.   Others are good but require cooking and a Foreman works great, just bigger burgers than we eat.

Esteemed Contributor

I've looked at the website and the items do look good!   But I have read some reviews and many are negative!!  Several regarding customer service and delivery issues.  

Are the products really that good??  Is customer service accessible and customer friendly?? And does the delivery function well???

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I've looked at the website and the items do look good!   But I have read some reviews and many are negative!!  Several regarding customer service and delivery issues.  

Are the products really that good??  Is customer service accessible and customer friendly?? And does the delivery function well???

the answers are YES, YES, and YES from me......i have been using them for 25+ years now and have had no issues. the items are 100% guaranteed. even if we ate the entire product and we did not like it, the driver will give us a credit. we also have each others  cell phone numbers for any issues. we see him every two weeks, but you dont have to purchase that often if you dont want to. you can also preorder online and receive rewards dollars towards future purchases.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hi @Mindy D 

My wife does not like the ones that come on a bun. She likes the Black Angus Beef Burgers the best. Just typing what she is saying since I am not one that eats meat. 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Look for the ones that are 5 oz. Cook from frozen--in the air fryer if you have one, or a George Foreman. They are quite good. No special tips for the Foreman; just put it in there and let it cook until it's as done as you like it. Seems very fast to me. One of my fave breakfasts is a grilled burger with an over medium egg on top.

I have found Schwan's quality to be very good generally.  I also like their bratwrust, chicken breasts that are individually vacuum sealed, and bone-in pork chops. I know some people love their prepared dishes like pasta dishes, pizza, etc for the convenience, but I think the best things they do are the single ingredient meats and veggies.

Honored Contributor

I love Schwan's, they really stand behind their products and their service and delivery have been excellent. The black angus burgers are great. I look forward to seeing them every 2 weeks. 

Trusted Contributor

I've been trying to order from Schwan's for the past month but all the things I want come up "out of stock" when I type in my zip code.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D  I enjoy "Steakhouse Elite" hamburger patties - package of 4.  I don't know where you live

but I get mine at Publix.

They are an american kobe style ground beef.  Yummy.