Honored Contributor

Ms tyrion2 wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

So, now the Monday holiday is a Friday AND Monday holiday?

These keep getting longer and longer.  Maybe they should go back to not having all these extra holiday days and go back to teaching grammar and spelling.

Ok, sorry.  That's my rant du jour.  Smiley Very Happy

I read it as kids getting out of school for the summer.

I am confused why someone would have to stock up on supplies  and stay home because kids are out of school. It would never cross my mind to "hide" from kids as if it was a hurricane or something. 

The troll at Xmas was SO not a kid. It reminded me of a troll who used to live here a few years ago. 

Ohhhhh, well you are probably right and that didn't occur to me.  We always got out at least a week into June.

I just thought it was another holiday made longer, like now christmas is like two weeks and I think Thanksgiving is a week.  We got Thurs & Fri off for Thanksgiving and christmas was just the week btwn that and New Year's Day.  

There actually used to be a specific number of days that had to be done for each school year.  So, if there was something that caused another day ,or whatever, to be missed they just extended the school year to make up for it.    I wonder if they still have that or maybe they just reduced the number of prerequisite days.  

Respected Contributor

My kids have been out of school for 2 weeks already   

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Around my area.

I'm praying for the mods.

1help.gif

@SharkE. WAIT WHAT?  Oh I was mistaken then, I thought it started already......   

To the Power that Be:  Please watch over our Mods, make sure they drink plenty of caffeine and stay sugared up for it to begin.. 

Image result for forum moderator

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

So, now the Monday holiday is a Friday AND Monday holiday?

These keep getting longer and longer.  Maybe they should go back to not having all these extra holiday days and go back to teaching grammar and spelling.

Ok, sorry.  That's my rant du jour.  Smiley Very Happy

I read it as kids getting out of school for the summer.

I am confused why someone would have to stock up on supplies  and stay home because kids are out of school. It would never cross my mind to "hide" from kids as if it was a hurricane or something. 

The troll at Xmas was SO not a kid. It reminded me of a troll who used to live here a few years ago. 

Ohhhhh, well you are probably right and that didn't occur to me.  We always got out at least a week into June.

I just thought it was another holiday made longer, like now christmas is like two weeks and I think Thanksgiving is a week.  We got Thurs & Fri off for Thanksgiving and christmas was just the week btwn that and New Year's Day.  

There actually used to be a specific number of days that had to be done for each school year.  So, if there was something that caused another day ,or whatever, to be missed they just extended the school year to make up for it.    I wonder if they still have that or maybe they just reduced the number of prerequisite days.  

At our school if there are more than the allotted amount are used for snow days, they must be made up at the end of the year.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I think it was probably a former (adult) poster with - you know - grievances.

@Lynda gee  If this was so, why do they just create chaos during school breaks?  I fully believe kids get on here just to amuse themselves.  Probably some female in the household provide easy access on the family computer.  Word gets around and the boards are a mess until they get bored with it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Sure was a dumb adult then. 

Considering the scope of their posting, the furor they cause and the pearl-clutching, wailing and hysteria which ensues every time one of them shows up, I'd say dumb like a fox. They know what they're doing and are not kids. I think they crack up at people thinking they're kids.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Guess they got their just reward at any rate.

Hope they shut down the boards this yr.

That kind of hate shouldn't be allowed.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

I think it was probably a former (adult) poster with - you know - grievances.

@Lynda gee  If this was so, why do they just create chaos during school breaks?  I fully believe kids get on here just to amuse themselves.  Probably some female in the household provide easy access on the family computer.  Word gets around and the boards are a mess until they get bored with it. 

WHY?

Because they can.

And because numerous posters will tell us it's just kids.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Wasn't "hiding from the kids", hun, I was referring to the traffic, crowds, in stores, etc.

"hide" was your quote by the way. My original post said nothing about hiding

Sorry darling. Didn't mean to suggest hiding was your word.

Yes hide was my quote. Stocking up and staying in just sounded like hiding to me. 

Respected Contributor

I can't speak for all school districts but in Georgia, the children attend 180 days a school year.  How these days are planned is voted on by individual school districts.  In my county, my kiddos get out tomorrow.  I have to go Tues and Wed of next week and then I am out until...July 24.  My next group of kiddos will start on Monday, July 31st this year.  We are on a "balanced calendar".  We have 4 week long breaks...Sept, Nov, Feb. and April and 2 weeks for "winter break" in December.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!