Esteemed Contributor

The families of victims of this horrific crash are definitely in my prayers as well as all the children on the school bus yesterday.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

So many lives are changed and my prayers are with all of them, the driver & his family are suffering as well..

God Bless all those little children's souls and rest in peace.  Breaks my heart for them all.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

What a tragedy for all those families.  It will be interesting to find out how unqualified the driver is. School systems really need to change their hiring qualifications....and for that matter bus companies in general.  How many times has a driver's qualifications come into question/and found unqualified after the fact/ tragic accident?

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

What a tragedy for all those families.  It will be interesting to find out how unqualified the driver is. School systems really need to change their hiring qualifications....and for that matter bus companies in general.  How many times has a driver's qualifications come into question/and found unqualified after the fact/ tragic accident?

I agree, it seems all too often the drivers aren't vetted.

This is such a terrible tragedy.

Honored Contributor

ETA:Re: School bus crash

[ Edited ]

I don't know all the details about this accident, I only heard about it on our local news last night, and that speed was a factor!  So, so sad!  I know seat belts would certainly help, and it would keep them seated in their seats, but as an adult, have you ever been on a school bus with a bunch of school children?  Well, I have and you could not pay me all the money in the world to be a driver!!!Smiley Surprised

ETA:  I just found out this information about the driver:

Bus driver Johnthony Walker was arrested and charged. According to the Times Free Press, Walker, 24, faces five counts of vehicular homicide in addition to charges of reckless endangerment and reckless driving, police said late Monday.

Honored Contributor

Re: ETA:Re: School bus crash

OMG, from what's being reported from the Daily News, it seems the driver did it on purpose.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

OMG, from what's being reported from the Daily News, it seems the driver did it on purpose.

@Noel7, dear Lord let's hope that isn't true.  How horrible!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach

Allegedly one of the children reported that, I hope it's not true, also Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Surely not.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

The most heartbreaking story.  My heart breaks for the families and those poor kids on the bus.