Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Another time, we had a problem with binders and note book paper.  The list did say 3 hole binder and paper.  I  just didn't see that.  I bought a 5 hole binder and the paper that goes in it.  Once again the teacher told my kid, it was the "wrong one".  3 hole, 5 hole.  What the heck difference did it make?  It was a binder with paper!  I caved in on the book covers, I did not cave on the binder.  But that type of ridiculously silly autocratic behavior at the beginning of the school years does upset our kids.  I think that since they were spending our money, they sometimes asked for things that they never would have asked for if the school was footing the bill.     

Just a guess, from a teacher's perspective-

Every single time I make copies, I am the one who punches holes in the papers for my students, so that they can store them inside their binders.  I have access to a three hole punch or a single hole punch.  I would not have hand punched two additional holes each time I made a copy for your daughter.  

.....good point.   As a parent, I would not have thought of that. 

Honored Contributor

I have no children but one of our local news stations has a "Stuff the Bus" program that goes for one day. They put up daily what is needed for this event.  

Members from that news station stand outside in a drive through type formation and the cars stop, these newscasters take the items.  Last year they had enough supplies to stuff I believe 2 school busses, if not 2 1/2.  I always donate to this event and buy exactly what's on the list.