Honored Contributor

Re: School Shooting in Parkland Florida

[ Edited ]

It sounds like the person pulled a fire alarm to get them out of building so the metal detectors some people want would not have worked. 

There is always a way around whatever law you already have in place on the books so more of the same is probably not going to help.  

Honored Contributor

Those poor kids, i simply don't think it will ever end,i so worry about my granddaughters, no one does anything to stop this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARYwrote:

Some people are just plain mean. 

Others are illegally 'hired', so to speak.

Are they also m*ntally ill?  I don't know.  It's a fine line.

And it would be interesting research to figure it all out.  And no doubt that one day in the future it will be.

I've been wishing for some sort of electronic detectors at school entrances.  I'm sure that people wouldn't mind paying slightly higher taxes for those detectors.  If everyone in the country is taxed, say, $5 or $10 per year, it's a beginning.  Step by step.  I know, it sounds 'far-fetched', but we have to begin somewhere.   Otherwise, everything remains the same. 

RIP to the victims and their families.  And hoping for complete and quick recoveries for the injured.

@ROMARY

At the beginning of the reporting they mentioned the

shooter was on the outside shooting into the school.  

The fire alarms were activated to notify.

Meaning, an electronic detector wouldn’t have been effective.

***that was initial reporting not verified***

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbestwrote:

Those poor kids, i simply don't think it will ever end,i so worry about my granddaughters, no one does anything to stop this.

true.. somthing should of been done after the colombine shooting,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Esteemed Contributor

just heard suspect taken to hospital......you don't want to know how i feel about that.....just so angry....

Honored Contributor

I’ve mentioned this before since the beginning of the year.

The ‘old’ trend is a murder-suicide. 

Today?  The shooter doesn’t commit suicide.

Starting to see that piece of the equation change. 

Maybe understanding that part will help us understand as a whole.

Honored Contributor

Wait.......so the sh**ter allegedly activated the fire alarm?  I've heard other rumors that it accidentally sounded earlier in the day, etc. 

Well, we'll hear more facts as the time passes. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Are these high school kids grades 9 through 12?  I see them loading the shooter into the police car and he looks like an older boy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARYwrote:

Wait.......so the sh**ter allegedly activated the fire alarm?  I've heard other rumors that it accidentally sounded earlier in the day, etc. 

Well, we'll hear more facts as the time passes. 

@ROMARY  I am guessing.  The kids have said the fire alarm went off and then they heard shots when they started walking out of the building and tried to run back.  If that's true, that's my logical guess as to what may have happened to start it all.   

BTW, I am listening to CNN Radio.  

Esteemed Contributor

Such as horror to see these kids running to save themselves.  I feel sorry for this young generation having to live with the fact they may be injured or killed just by going to school.

I went to school in the late 1950's and 1960's and back then, we were only afraid of our teachers.  Our parents sent us to school knowing we would be safe.  

Seeing and hearing the video of the shooting from inside the classroom was chilling.

This is just beyond sad.