Honored Contributor

Re: School Shooting in Kentucky

[ Edited ]

I guess a little bitty shooting where 2 were killed and 17 injured at a school in a very small town  in Kentucky isn't big enough for the national cable news to bother with.

Honored Contributor

Or are these shootings just becoming so Ho-Hum to everyone?

Esteemed Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

I just heard on the news that there has been a school shooting in Kentucky.  Two students have been killed.

@Carol08

My husband told me about this  [[-again-]]: another shooting from his Smart phone very early (for me) probably 2.5 hours ago. I did a map quest and view the location closer to the WEST/ Eastern part of KY. I read only what was posted at that time.
 This is a smaller area, and that two student were shot.I knew nothing about any deaths, at that time.

I will never become Desensitized to this news, but my heart always aches when I hear...this... in America so often. Keeping a closer update as it will unveil.

I am so heart broken for those whom have been affected, not knowing 'any more' concerning a parent, parents or guardian. This again, is a tragedy, no more is it HORRIFIC- were to be 100. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

I just heard on the news that there has been a school shooting in Kentucky.  Two students have been killed.

OOps, more south  {{WESTERN}},

close to Nashville.

17 injured- 2 dead/ rural high school classmates.

@Carol08

Some were flown 150 miles to the nearest medical center.

1st thing I think:

is a boy friend /girlfriend...one of those high school (or any incident) RELATIONSHIP >gone wrong!

Valued Contributor

This is the school district I live in and my son graduated from this school in 2010.  Such a sad situation. 

Two fifteen-year-old children-- one male and one female are dead and many others injured.  They have the suspect in custody. He, too, is 15.  

Hurts my heart.  A friend of mine was a teacher at a school shooting at a different school in this area years ago.  Too close to home, but then again, no matter where it happens, it's too close to home.  Both schools I speak of are in very small towns in our area so it can happen anywhere.

Prayers for all involved.

Valued Contributor

@Carol08This is in extreme western ky, not near Nashville.

Honored Contributor

@marky wrote:

@Carol08This is in extreme western ky, not near Nashville.

@marky, just to clarify, the poster who mentioned Nashville was @NAES1.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

How tragic!! Kids are killing kids. Never will get use to the idea. Don't understand.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was the lead story on NBC Nightly News tonight.  Such a tragic story.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

My husband went to school there and as other posters that live in the area said, it is a very rural community that is close knit.  My husband joined the military and moved from the area but always went back there to visit friends.