Valued Contributor

Re: School Considered Canceling Nutcracker Trip to Protect Kids From Christmas Tree Exposure

whiskeytangofoxtrot. 3-4 thumbs up ---our Catholic family respects others
Valued Contributor

Re: School Considered Canceling Nutcracker Trip to Protect Kids From Christmas Tree Exposure

The country gets dumber every day or maybe its the leaders....who would complain about the nutcracker?

Honored Contributor

What is wrong in this country. Christmas trees have been a tradition for years for Christians. Those of us that celebrate Christmas with have a Christmas tree in our home, church, places of business, on the stage, or where ever, have always made this an important part of our celebrating Christmas. I would say the majority of people respect the Jewish traditions of Hanukah with their beautiful blue and white ornaments, wrapping paper for their presents, their Hanukah bush, etc., and the African American that celebrate their Kwanza the way they do.......enjoy looking at their celebration items and traditions.......

There is nothing wrong with teaching your children about the beliefs of other folks.....

May we all enjoy the traditions of everyone celebrating this time of the year......

Respected Contributor

Unless I am mistaken the article said non christian so to assume that this was about Jewish kids is being biased.
Respected Contributor

On 11/26/2014 ShowMe said:

What is wrong in this country. Christmas trees have been a tradition for years for Christians. Those of us that celebrate Christmas with have a Christmas tree in our home, church, places of business, on the stage, or where ever, have always made this an important part of our celebrating Christmas. I would say the majority of people respect the Jewish traditions of Hanukah with their beautiful blue and white ornaments, wrapping paper for their presents, their Hanukah bush, etc., and the African American that celebrate their Kwanza the way they do.......enjoy looking at their celebration items and traditions.......

There is nothing wrong with teaching your children about the beliefs of other folks.....

May we all enjoy the traditions of everyone celebrating this time of the year......

Hanukkah bush?? Are you serious?

Honored Contributor

so if one is near anothers religious symbol it is traumatizing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

The Nutcracker is a classic art form. Why couldn't the children whose parents disapprove just stay home for the day? Seems simple to me.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I don't get it. Is the tree offensive because it's associated with a Christian holiday? Or because it's a pagan thing? (I was going to say "has pagan roots", but, being a tree, that sounds kinda weird.)

Super Contributor

On 11/26/2014 Melania2 said:
On 11/26/2014 ShowMe said:

Hanukkah bush?? Are you serious?

It's a thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah_bush

I learned something new today.

Super Contributor

On 11/26/2014 Clover29 said:

I don't get it. Is the tree offensive because it's associated with a Christian holiday? Or because it's a pagan thing? (I was going to say "has pagan roots", but, being a tree, that sounds kinda weird.)

They consider anything do with Christmas as a "Christian" symbol and, therefore, we can't let the little children see it! Ahhhhh!