Respected Contributor

Re: School Bans Boy's My Little Pony Backpack SAYS IT'S A 'TRIGGER FOR BULLYING'

Decades ago my son was horse crazy and had My Little Pony toys.  We picked out ones without butterflies or flowers.  He was also into legos and transformers.  I specifically asked family to hold sports tee shirts, etc. to a minium.  He later was Jr Olympic fencing champion in state.  Anyways, we were in ER and he had a MY Little Pony toy.  A little girl came up , swiped it out of his hands and said it was a girl's toy and he shouldn't have it.  I had to go to her mother annd ask for it back.

Honored Contributor

Re: School Bans Boy's My Little Pony Backpack SAYS IT'S A 'TRIGGER FOR BULLYING'

2 stories about bullies: When DH was in school he was not only bullied but stalked. He finally hit the kid w/a baseball bat. Of course a trip the school office w/his Dad who told him he got out of this but he could never,ever again do any thing wrong.

My Dad told me if someone hits you w/ club you should get a bigger club and hit him back.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Decades ago my son was horse crazy and had My Little Pony toys.  We picked out ones without butterflies or flowers.  He was also into legos and transformers.  I specifically asked family to hold sports tee shirts, etc. to a minium.  He later was Jr Olympic fencing champion in state.  Anyways, we were in ER and he had a MY Little Pony toy.  A little girl came up , swiped it out of his hands and said it was a girl's toy and he shouldn't have it.  I had to go to her mother annd ask for it back.

LOL, that's great.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

@RINGER wrote:

I hate this happening to this child! I have a grandson who loves My Little Ponies and thankfully has been told to not talk about it to other kids (HOW SAD IS THAT!! because of his love for this toy and possible bullying he might get!!). I did hear on the news there is an organization that DADS AND SONS GO TO who are into My Little Ponies, so hopefully that could be an outlet for him and other boys who love this toy!!

They have an organization here in phoenix for MEN little pony fans, when they had the story on the news it was more of a fetish kind of group (like the adults who dress up in fury costumes) CERTIANLY NOT something I would want my son going too (or a normal adult male either!!!

Valued Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

One of my friends, several months ago, told me something about: that if a boy wears a red hooded top, he could be in danger, which is something I hadn't heard about. That was 'news' to me. Maybe in the cities? Or everywhere? I have two red hooded sweaters, but I won't be wearing the hood up in cities, I guess.

That only applies if you live in a gang infested part of the city.  red is a known gang color, as is blue and in some cities, certian footall team jerseys.  your "boy" could be in trouble with an imposing gang by wearing a certian color oodie (but MOST inner city school kids know which is which and who is who and DO NOT wear the gang colors unless affiliated with that gang)

Honored Contributor

This thread is from 3/14. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, there's been another influx of old threads being brought back up.  At least this one isn't 3-4 years old like some of the ones I've seen!

Honored Contributor

I read the first page before I realized how old this thread was. It was still rather interesting to see the different POVs. All over a trademark item. What a shame.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland