Honored Contributor

Re: Scheduled my COVID vaccine

I don't fall into any of the categories for the vaccine right now. I hope by June or July I'll be vaccinated.

Honored Contributor

I'm jealous - we have to have until Feb 5 or 8 for the 65 yr old age group. Cannot to get this done - twice.

Honored Contributor

DH and I got our on Jan.20th.  Our second one is scheduled for Feb.22.  That's 33 days apart and from what I read it shouldn't be any more than 28 days.  Am I missing something here?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant  33 days is perfectly fine.  When Pfizer and Moderna did their studies, those were the intervals they used and thus why the FDA approved that way.  But, stuff happens.

The CDC says you can get up to 4 days early or 42 days after (although they recommend getting as close to the suggested date and try not to delay).  See below link from CDC, under Administration.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@jubilant  33 days is perfectly fine.  When Pfizer and Moderna did their studies, those were the intervals they used and thus why the FDA approved that way.  But, stuff happens.

The CDC says you can get up to 4 days early or 42 days after (although they recommend getting as close to the suggested date and try not to delay).  See below link from CDC, under Administration.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html

@Alter Ego   Thanks so much.  I just found some info online.  I tried last night and didn't find anything.  Yours was so much more informative.  This eases my mind.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I am a high risk because one medicine I take suppresses my immune system plus I am a Senior.  I'll be glad to get it over with.

kindness is strength