New Contributor

Scenic places to visit near Kissimmee Fl

We are in Florida for a couple more weeks and want to know some places to just see the scenery not too far from Kissimmee?  We have been here since February and are here not really on vacation (my hubby works from home and travels for his job) but are excaping the winter weather.  we have no interest in the Disney parks or acutal touristy destinations...been there done that in years past, and have no interest in wearing masks all day OUTDOORS as is required everywhere.  Just want to take in some beautiful sights before returing home.  

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Scenic places to visit near Kissimmee Fl

Florida is wide open, no masks required.

But like you, I would still avoid crowds & I would never visit Disney anyway

Zip over to Titusville if you are into space travel

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. – The Space Coast of Florida was listed among the 25 “Best of The World” destinations by National Geographic, highlighting our area’s continued prominence among international travel and family vacation locales.

The travel report emphasizes viewing sites of launches from Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, the KSC Visitor Complex, as well as the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and bioluminescent tours along the Indian River Lagoon, as top tourism attractions bringing people to the coast.

Respected Contributor

Lots of ideas here for you to research and pick from:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34352-Activities-a_allAttractions.true-Kissimmee_Florida.ht... 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Regular Contributor

Mount Dora is a quaint town with many shops and restaurants.  It is beautiful.  Located east of Orlando.  

Or, you could head west to Tampa/St.Peterburg area, or Sanibel Island.  

Enjoy the rest of your time in Florida!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Its reallypretty and outsdoors, but its a little far from Kissimmee.  but well worth it, Rainbow Springs State Park.  I loved it and not over crowded.  Google it, you'll see.

New Contributor

@software wrote:

Florida is wide open, no masks required.

But like you, I would still avoid crowds & I would never visit Disney anyway

Zip over to Titusville if you are into space travel

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. – The Space Coast of Florida was listed among the 25 “Best of The World” destinations by National Geographic, highlighting our area’s continued prominence among international travel and family vacation locales.

The travel report emphasizes viewing sites of launches from Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, the KSC Visitor Complex, as well as the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and bioluminescent tours along the Indian River Lagoon, as top tourism attractions bringing people to the coast.

not wide open  I thought the same thing but the individual businesses are still requiring them.  

Respected Contributor

Bok Tower Gardens is in Lake Wales, FL ... not too very far from where you are.  it's a lovely place to visit if you feel like strolling around some beautiful grounds.  

Super Contributor

Disney Springs, its the shopping area...lots of fun stores and scenic and easy to get to.  Take a ride to Coca Beach down the Bee Line.  Wildlife Sanctuary, Merritt Island.  Kissimmee is our home away from home, so much to see and do.