Honored Contributor

Re: Scary Momo Challenge Targets Kids

[ Edited ]

The amount of p o r n and other creepy things young people are exposed to these days is disturbing and concerning.

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

Yes, this is indeed disturbing.  But big picture, larger question.  Why are so many kids free to roam the Internet (which we all know has a ton of creepy, dark and dangerous things) without any parental guidance and worse yet, parental ignorance of what their kids are up to?

2017, Wisconsin, two twelve year old girls stab their 12 year old friend 19 (NINETEEN) times because they were pleasing/appeasing Slender Man.  Thankfully the little one stabbed 19 times, lived and now two other young girls have completely destroyed their lives.

Read yesterday about 2 separate incidents where 6 (SIX) year old girls saw MOMO on YouTube.  One of them reported to their mom that MOMO suggested suicide and the other was concerned about being murdered.  SIX YEAR OLDS watching YouTube, clearly unsupervised.

Parents, you chose to bring babies into this world.  How about you get off of Facebook, ditch your cell phones, and start paying attention to those little ones you made.  Find out what they're up to.  Television was a bad enough babysitter, but the Internet brings a whole other level of danger.  How many times do we have to read about teenage girls being "played" by predators and disappearing with these dangerous pervs before we start taking our job as parents seriously?

And gee Kim, thanks for your concern.  While you're asking YouTube to take down some of these videos, how about you ask them to take down some of yours too.  Your disgraceful behavior, especially now as a mother of 3, makes you hard to take seriously.  I challenge you to put clothes on (real clothes that cover your bits and pieces totally) and keep them on for a full week.  No bikini pictures, no half nudes, no butt showing.  I may take you more seriously if you acted like a mom instead of an exhibitionist.

I'll step down from my soap box now, and thanks for letting me rant.  Phew, that felt good.  LuLu

You sent your message to Kim a whole lot better than I could, too bad she probably won't see it.  How does a mother of three young children think it is okay to walk around practically naked and take pictures of herself to put on display?  Those kids are going to grow up to be embarrassed because of their mother's narcissism.  I hope that family wakes up before more damage is done.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

People who torment children are beyond despicable.  Little kids can't shake the disturbing images they see and they can't put them out of their minds the way adults can.  Images like that haunt them.

What sort of sick, twisted, vile, contemptible piece of human garbage would put something like that out into the world for children to find?

It makes me physically ill.

Esteemed Contributor

Well done @Its Me LuLuBelle2 

I know of recent stories of kids being attacked and hurt by predators locally.

It is terrible but these kids also have gone onto websites and put their pictures,

names out there too. They get the ball rolling and then awful things happen.

Glad I didnt grow up with internet access seeing all this garbage.

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 

100 hearts for your post if I could!Heart

Many, many people responded to Kim's post just like you did.

That's why I deliberately left her out of my OP, she's such a hypocrite!

Bravo.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I’m happy Kim is putting her influence to work to help children.

Seems like YouTube is saying they are aware of the

challenge but has not seen any evidence it’s occurring.  

I’m happy Kim Kardashian has brought it to the spotlight again. 

593E6F06-0165-46A7-8575-CDBF8EE0091D.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom 

With her following, this is really a good thing.

I'd like to see her do more things like this.

Esteemed Contributor

For all the Kim K supporters, wait until Kim's kids get on their phone and 

look Mommy up.

Honored Contributor

Kim Kardashian works to remove Momo from YouTube

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@sidsmom 

With her following, this is really a good thing.

I'd like to see her do more things like this.

@Witchy Woman 

I believe we’ll start seeing her be more outspoken about social issues

as she grows older. Helping grant Alice Johnson clemency was

an amazing first step. 💛

Valued Contributor

These kids are being attacked by Satan (No I'm not Carrie's mother) by using the one thing he knows they love which is the Internet. And the person or persons he is using to put this Garbage out there. Are his vessels he works through. Remember he walks to and fro seeking whom he can devour and he is after kids who are the most vulnerable.