Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Diamonds22   Yup, I thought of that too.  Your kidding me, notifying me of a deposit wired 6 months ago!  Thank goodness, these scammers are not too smart!

@phoenixbrd @Diamonds22  Some foreign countries use that format with the day first. So yes scam. Edited to correct.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling   Good question...we are receiving a lot of scam mail.  I stopped the hoovering over the name.  I used to do that before deleating, but one of the articles I read said that now even hoovering can generate a virus.  Don't know if this is true, but I'd rather be safe.

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh Where can I sign up for those powers!!!

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Diamonds22   Yup, I thought of that too.  Your kidding me, notifying me of a deposit wired 6 months ago!  Thank goodness, these scammers are not too smart!

@phoenixbrd @Diamonds22  Some foreign countries use that format with the month first. So yes scam.

I believe you mean the day first, month second. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@phoenixbrd @Diamonds22  Some foreign countries use that format with the month first. So yes scam.

@Sushismom  Yes, I did. My mistake.

Esteemed Contributor

The date is written as day/month/year. Normally it's month/day/year.

Esteemed Contributor
@Sushismom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Exactly right. Many countries write the date with the day going before the month. For 12-6-21 the date would be read the 12th day, 6th month, and the year being 2021 or as we say it June 12, 2021.

So while it's not an error, or a clue that the date was set in the future, it would be a clue that the correspondence didn't originate in the United States. 

Super Contributor

If received today, this was meant to look like the transaction just happened yesterday, as in June 12. 2021 which is how many countries other than the U.S. write their dates.  But yes.  I agree.  Nothing but a scam for sure.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd   Years ago when I was able to speak with someone at PayPal, I was told one way to know it's phishing mail is that even if they have your email, if they don't address you by name, it's not from PayPal.  

I expect every legit business to do the same.

Esteemed Contributor

I would have figured it was a scam as soon as I saw they had misspelled the word "below."  bellow

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett