Respected Contributor

I seem to recall hearing a Long time ago that any oil that is solid at room temperature was not a healthy oil.

Honored Contributor

No such thing as a "healthy" oil.  I will use coconut oil on my skin....but it is not food for internal consumption.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

No such thing as a "healthy" oil.  I will use coconut oil on my skin....but it is not food for internal consumption.

Yeah, the whole ‘healthy fat’ marketing is right up there with

the ‘protein’ in everything bit. There’s no logical reason.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom  Truth!  This fits right in with my last comment regarding the animal cracker boxes.  I addressed it to you and will delete it in a few minutes.  Stay plant strong sister!

@sidsmom wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Yeah, the whole ‘healthy fat’ marketing is right up there with

the ‘protein’ in everything bit. There’s no logical reason.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

This is a quote from the linked article and thanks for posting it!

“Observational evidence suggests that consumption of coconut flesh or squeezed coconut in the context of traditional dietary patterns does not lead to adverse cardiovascular outcomes. However, due to large differences in dietary and lifestyle patterns, these findings cannot be applied to a typical Western diet. Overall, the weight of the evidence from intervention studies to date suggests that replacing coconut oil with cis unsaturated fats would alter blood lipid profiles in a manner consistent with a reduction in risk factors for cardiovascular disease.”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Coconut oil surely did not work for my cholesterol and triglycerides. Nope, not one bit. I don't like the taste of it either. We've switched to avacado oil. 

Honored Contributor

Old thread revisited.

And yes, oils are still bad.

All oils.

Human Body 101 will never change, no matter how much one likes to market it or study it or cherry-pick it....oil & high fat is not healthy.