Honored Contributor

Most crackers and "snack" items have coconut or linseed oils because they're cheep.

They are artery cloggers.

Honored Contributor

A56F00FF-85BC-4020-917E-DCDACAC7187A.jpeg

Honored Contributor
I am neutral on the wwhether or not it’s good to consume it.
I do know it clogs my pores like nothing else I’ve ever used. 😱
Honored Contributor

Re: Say NO to Coconut Oil

[ Edited ]

I only use cold pressed oils in the morning when I do my oil swishing for my teeth and gums.   One teaspoon...swish...and I spit it out after 20 minutes...never swallow it.

other than that, The fats I consume are only plant fats in whole form...nuts, seeds, avocado etc.  never oils. 

I never cook with oil....no fry, no stir fry...all so bad for you heating the oil  up!  People do not realize how bad  high heating fat is...including grilling. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I read years ago that coconut oil is the worst pore clogger of them all, never use it on my skin or consume it!! if it clogs your pores, cant it clog your arteries too??

Made me break out (and I never break out!) when I tried it as a moisturizer.

I won't get into the "health" benefits or lack thereof, but a friend of mine read somewhere that it was helpful for weight loss and she eats it by the spoonful (with some other sfuff in in it).  She's only gained weight.

I pretty much avoid all oils and prefer to get my essential fatty acids from whole foods that contain those like nuts and seeds.  

I don't believe there is anything magical about coconut oil.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I am neutral on the wwhether or not it’s good to consume it.
I do know it clogs my pores like nothing else I’ve ever used. 😱

It clogged my pores as much as mineral oil did, back in the day when I put that stuff on myself too.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy or consume anything with coconut oil in it.  To me it has always been unhealthy.  Any fat that solidifies is a no go for me.

I am a big fan of olive oil only.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Eggs are wonderful protien, eggs are heart attack causing evil. Coffee is good for you, coffee can cause great harm. The truth is they just don't know where the truth is. It's somewhere in between whatever the item is is wonderful and terrible. Anything in moderation. Don't eat a dozen eggs for breakfast, and don't completely ban them from your diet. We get this all the time from people that have a degree from some really famous school and all of a sudden something is poison. Staying out in the sun and getting fried is bad, but we need Vitamin D and the sun is the only natural way to get it. Which name person told us to avoid the sun completely? Hemlock is poison. But, these other things are only bad if they are used too excess. A friend was told to stay away from salt. She didn't use it at all. Then she had tests for a surgery. She couldn't have the durgery until she got her sodium levels up to a safe amount, she was too low. Just use common sense.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

“common sense”.....”moderation”

I guess that’s why over 50% of the population is overweight,

obese, morbidly obese & the numbers are continuing to rise

with heart disease & Type 2 Diabetes.  

Common sense & moderation?  Ah, no. 

Obviously people don’t have common sense & don’t do things in moderation or we wouldn’t have these issues.

The high consumption of fat...trendy fat like coconut,

extra, extra virgin oil & all the other saturated fats in animal

products/byproducts is the cause of these health conditions

I mentioned above.  History has proven it over & over again.

”Poison”. We knew all these fat isn’t good for us...but it had to

take an article with a crazy word in the title for people to

really understand....and even with that, they still won’t get it.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The problem is a combination of fats and carbs. You can lose weight on a low fat high carb diet or you can lose weight on a high fat low carb diet. Pick your pleasure!  Most people eat both and that’s disastrous. My pleasure is high fat low carb. It’s much more fulfilling and maintainable, to me. I think fats are good for the brain, I feel amazing and I never have to worry about getting diabetes and believe me I was well on my way!