Respected Contributor

Re: Saw the movie Bridget Jones Baby today

@Kat 213 wrote:

@libbyannE

Yes, it's called Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.  I think you will like it as well.  You can watch it on Netflix or Amazon Prime (if you choose).

Thank you. I don't know how I missed it, but I don't pay enough attention to movies. I am sure I will enjoy it! I have an Amazon prime account for free shipping but I have never ordered a movie from them. I will check into how to do that. Or maybe they sell a dvd.

Respected Contributor

i've always enjoyed these movies and can't wait to see the new one. 

i've always been curious how renee puts the weight on which is about 20 to 25 pounds and then gets it off in a relatively short time.  she's fairly petite and i think she's a dancer.  that's probably how she's doing it.

does anyone remember her extremely short (1 or 2 days) marriage to kenny chesney?  she disappeared from sight and he refused to discuss it.    

Valued Contributor

I really enjoyed the film

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I was really on the fence about seeing this, but a friend asked me to go with her, so off I went. 

I'm so glad I did. I loved it. No spoilers from me, but I loved the first two movies in the series and I loved this one also. 

So nice to see Renee Zellweger on the screen again, after a long absence. And always....always.... nice to see Colin Firth. 

Thanks gidget.  I went to see Sully yesterday, and I contemplated going to this movie.  I loved Sully.  Perhaps next weekend...Bridget Jones.  Thanks!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I was really on the fence about seeing this, but a friend asked me to go with her, so off I went. 

I'm so glad I did. I loved it. No spoilers from me, but I loved the first two movies in the series and I loved this one also. 

So nice to see Renee Zellweger on the screen again, after a long absence. And always....always.... nice to see Colin Firth. 

Thanks gidget.  I went to see Sully yesterday, and I contemplated going to this movie.  I loved Sully.  Perhaps next weekend...Bridget Jones.  Thanks!

@winamac1- I'm hoping to see Sully this week.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

The trailer looked like it would be a fun uplifting movie.  I did think Renee was a little old for the part of a pregnant women who did not know who the father was but I love the other Bridgett movies.

Respected Contributor

I'll probably see it when it makes its way to TV.  I have a silly question:  Does the baby end up okay?  I will not watch horror movies or negative movies of any kind.  I don't want to see it if the baby is going to be affected by the drama going on with the adults.  Does it have a happy ending for the baby?

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@winamac1- I'm hoping to see Sully this week.

We usually like the same movies.  I thought this one was stellar!  It held my attention the entire time!  Let me know if you get there and what you think!!  Thanks for the BJ review!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

It looks like from the trailer tha she gets pregnant and doesn't know who the father is.....I just fail to see the charm in this..... (Maybe I'm wrong?)

I feel the same, @Goldengate8361. The premise of the film does not appeal to me.  And RZ doing a British accent doesn't ring true to me.  I'm passing on this one.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I'll probably see it when it makes its way to TV.  I have a silly question:  Does the baby end up okay?  I will not watch horror movies or negative movies of any kind.  I don't want to see it if the baby is going to be affected by the drama going on with the adults.  Does it have a happy ending for the baby?

@Ms X- I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone so I'll just say to keep in mind that this is a romantic comedy and not a horror movie.  And I'm still grieving over the loss of my dad so I wouldn't be interested in negative movies right now. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?