Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,223
Registered: ‎10-04-2010

Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.

I looked down at him and asked mom, what aisle she got him on. LOL.  I smiled at him and said, you're so cute!!!  I got the sweetest smile back from him.  I'm so glad we didn't have masks on.  I wouldn't have done that if in a mask.  It might have scared him and I wouldn't do that.  I didn't get too close.  I also didn't touch.  I love the babies, any and all.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,843
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.

You "love the babies"? Huh?

 

I don't think you would have scared him. He is used to seeing masks on people I'm quite sure. 

 

Yes, babies are amazing! 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,527
Registered: ‎11-24-2013

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.

@qualitygal Aw how sweet. Pre-mask I often smiled at kids and said something nice to the mom or dad. I always got a pleasant response and sometimes a cute little wave from the child. Made my day! I remember the cute little boy about 5 who was with his grandma. We said hi and this little chatterbox proceeded to say "This is my grandma, I have a mommy and daddy. I'm a twin but I'm the biggest one." And on and on , it was hilarious. Grandma and I both got a huge kick out of it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,223
Registered: ‎10-04-2010

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.


@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

You "love the babies"? Huh?

 

I don't think you would have scared him. He is used to seeing masks on people I'm quite sure. 

 

Yes, babies are amazing! 


Love human and animal "babies".  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,926
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.

That's sweet!  I can remember getting stopped in the supermarket when my kids were babies too! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,200
Registered: ‎02-05-2011

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.

Saw adorable boys about four years old.  I asked them if they were twins.  One of them quickly answered "yes, and don't remind me."  His mother and I burst out laughing.  Guess being a twin can have it's challenges, or just tired of being asked.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,736
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I looked down at him and asked mom, what aisle she got him on. LOL.  I smiled at him and said, you're so cute!!!  I got the sweetest smile back from him.  I'm so glad we didn't have masks on.  I wouldn't have done that if in a mask.  It might have scared him and I wouldn't do that.  I didn't get too close.  I also didn't touch.  I love the babies, any and all.


Thank you for getting vaccinated! It feels so great to feel safe and free in public again, doesn't it?

 

I sometimes wear my mask when I'm out, sometimes don't. It depends on how likely I think it is that others around me are unvaccinated. And of course it depends on what the requirements are, though there are very few in TN right now. I've noticed that some people have gotten very good at smiling with their eyes during the pandemic and I try to do that too regardless.

 

Friendly people will always find a way to be friendly and a mask can't stop that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,873
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.

I love to see babies, reminisce about those days so long ago.  I hope to hold again one someday.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,857
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.


@Biftu wrote:

Saw adorable boys about four years old.  I asked them if they were twins.  One of them quickly answered "yes, and don't remind me."  His mother and I burst out laughing.  Guess being a twin can have it's challenges, or just tired of being asked.


@Biftu. Cute story!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,413
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Saw the cutest baby at the grocery store today.

I love it when they're below one year old and the expressions on their faces. When they're in the grocery cart and Mom is busy unloading, you can really communicate with them then!