Esteemed Contributor

FDE33FAA-E1B2-4AE0-90E9-64533CABC779.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Saw the Albino Deer again

@godi   😍 What an angel!   May it be always protected and safe.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

@godi   😍 What an angel!   May it be always protected and safe.  

@luvzchiz @godi 

That's interesting that you have seen a white deer this year.  My friend who puts out two dozen hummingbird feeders has had two albino hummingbirds this season and they were hanging around all summer.  Soon, they will migrate south but she has enjoyed them and the other hummers, at first, did not particularly like them and tried to "hog up" the feeders from them, they have all seemingly integrated the white ones into their "tribes." 

I have had a black rabbit on my property for 2 years now.

I guess the more land of theirs we take, the more we are going to see these phenomenons. 

About 30 years ago, my boys found a cabbit on my mother's property.  She owned a couple-thousand acres of land and my boys liked to explore.  Of course, since then we have sold it and it has been subdivided but  at the time, we took it to the agriculture college in our area and it was tested and retested and tested again because they did not think it could be part rabbit and cat but it was.  She did not live long.  She was just not healthy.  We were told to spay her right away because she would have health issues.  We did but she still only lived 2-3 years.

Honored Contributor

magical!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Such a beautiful deer!  

Contributor

I agree! Thank you, @godi, for posting the picture.

Honored Contributor

Truly a gift from nature, beautiful and gentle.

Esteemed Contributor

🥰🥰🥰🥰

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Regular Contributor

Several years ago, there was a pair of albinos roaming our neightborhood.  One night I was backing down my driveway and they were in my backyard.  If I hadn't seen them before, I would have been scared out of my shoes.  They looked like ghosts in the light.

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

FDE33FAA-E1B2-4AE0-90E9-64533CABC779.jpeg

I pray it isn't killed by hunters. I despise hunting season.