Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saw my first person WITHOUT a mask on Today out shopping

Tons of no mask here. Some with mask, their choice. I have to say people really were enjoying themselves this past early summer weekend.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

My recent experiences:

Trader Joe’s:  95% wore masks

Walmart: 50% wore masks

I chose to wear a mask at TJ‘s because quite frankly I didn’t want other people to feel uncomfortable because of me. At Walmart I wore one because I felt more comfortable, go figure. My comfort level varies from situation to situation and that’s fine. 

Respected Contributor

I will continue wearing a mask when I am with others. No problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@BalletBabe I disagree. In my area which is a large city, most are still masking up, including those of us who are vaccinated.

Many of us plan to for the foreseeable future.And  IMO the 4th of July is a silly arbitrary date.

Someone else thought it would be gone right after a date in November!  Wrong.

@Love my grandkids   I can assure you we won't be wearing them in Florida.   There were no vaccines in Nov. like there is now.  I personally am done and I am not Vaccinated.  If anyone requires me to wear them including my Dr.  He won't be seeing me. 

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe Wow, I thought I was the only one on these boards not vaccinated!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I haven't been wearing one the whole time.  They are filled with germs.  I only wear one at my Dr. because I have no choice but I can never wait to rip it off.  I think by the 4th of July there will be very few wearing them.  I doubt they ever will again

@BalletBabe  This struck me as very funny.  The mask has germs so you didn't wear one in the midst of a highly contagious, potentially deadly respiratory virus.   Okay....

@Pearlee  If you saw a mask under a microscope after 1 hr. You would understand.  I haven't done much of anything like others and I got nothing.  I didn't wash my hands all the time.  I didn't stay away from family for the holidays, I traveled and was around a lot of Peeps with no masks.  In fact I had a girl black out in rehearsal and had to go to the ER because she could not breathe.  That was in Feb.  After that I have not allowed anyone to wear them in rehearsals.  No one got it.   

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I haven't been wearing one the whole time.  They are filled with germs.  I only wear one at my Dr. because I have no choice but I can never wait to rip it off.  I think by the 4th of July there will be very few wearing them.  I doubt they ever will again

The only germs in the masks would be your germs. I hope you have been vaccinated and do not have the virus, because you have been risking everyone else's life by never wearing a mask. This is selfish and reckless behavior. I am surprised you are not embarrassed to admit it.

My Body My Choice.  I get no Vaccines ever.  Not going to start now.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe  You're a brave soul to say that around here. And now comes the usual you're selfish and don't care about others cr*p.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@BalletBabe  You're a brave soul to say that around here. And now comes the usual you're selfish and don't care about others cr*p.

@KKJ   Don't bother me.   I am not putting a experimental drug in my body.  I have no problem saying it because it is my choice not theirs.  If doing what I believe in makes me selfish , then I am selfish.  When they get something down the road from the Vaccine then let's see how they feel.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ   Don't bother me.   I am not putting a experimental drug in my body.  I have no problem saying it because it is my choice not theirs.  If doing what I believe in makes me selfish , then I am selfish.  When they get something down the road from the Vaccine then let's see how they feel.  

@BalletBabe , It sounds like you're kind of hoping. 🤦‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan