Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saw my first person WITHOUT a mask on Today out shopping

@Dlb63, surgeons wear masks to protect the patient from their germs and bacteria from entering the patient's bodies.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Dlb63 wrote:

Everyone needs to just do what they feel comfortable and stop worrying about what others are doing. Wear a mask, don't wear mask...it's the honor system. I personally am vaccinated but am continuing to wear my mask where there are large crowds. That's MY choice I can't worry about what other people are doing. 

I do have to wonder about people who say masks don't help. Why then...do doctors and nurses wear them in hospitals and when doing surgery etc.  

@Dlb63, because that dovetails with their general dismissal of facts/science.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I ditched mine weeks ago.

Super Contributor

At the market today I saw two people without masks.  Even though I am fully vaccinated, I still choose to wear a mask.  One man looked me square in the eye as if to say, I dare you say anything to me!  To each his own.  I am responsible for myself and myself only, and I choose to be as safe as I can until this whole thing is over.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Running errands with my mask was such a breeze. All I did was eyebrow pencil and eyeliner and out the door! I miss that....

One thing I've enjoyed is not even having to do that.   My eyes are super sensitive to light so whenever I go somewhere I put on my sunglasses which are rather large AND super dark.

Between the sunglasses and the mask, plus I put a hat on to pull my ponytail through in the back, all you see is my  ears.  Smiley Very Happy

I totally don't miss having to put on make up (I never wore a lot - just the minimum) to feel like I look presentable.

Honored Contributor

It was very so nice to be out and about shopping this weekend with no mask.  It was also great to go into the courthouse without a mask.

One store I went in still had a sign requiring masks so I put it on.  I'm not going to be a jerk about it.  If they require a mask, fine.  I can choose to go in or not. 

Honored Contributor

Out where I live hardly anyone wears a mask inside or out.

You're more noticeable if you wear a mask.

The way I feel about it is to do what each person feels comfortable about.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@BalletBabe Wow, I thought I was the only one on these boards not vaccinated!

@KKJ 

I'm not vaccinated & don't intend to get vaccinated.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

The NC mask mandate was lifted in NC but in the area I live, you'll get a dirty look if you don't wear one even though the signs are up at the stores.  

@GenXmuse  I also live in NC.  I was so happy (and surprised) that NC Governor lifted the mask mandate.  I will take a dirty look any day over wearing a mask!  I don't give the mask wearers dirty looks -- they shouldn't be giving others without masks dirty looks.  It's a very personal decision.

Respected Contributor

Stopped at Walmart grocery and sign said no masks if vac. I chose to wear one anyway. Most people didn't wear one. The checker still does. 

We were taking and he said they won't check for vac cards and wouldn't do anything about it anyway.

He also mentioned there was a new worse virus coming.

I don't mind wearing one and who knows who got vaccinated or not so I'm not taking any chances, its not that big of a deal to wear one.