Super Contributor

Re: Saw my first person WITHOUT a mask on Today out shopping

We should all do whatever we're comfortable with.  I'm fully vaccinated but would never consider going out without a mask. But that's just me. I'm a scaredy-cat. I don't want to take the chance. 💗😊

Trusted Contributor

I too am fully vaccinated but with me I always have a mask with me and it depends on the situation.  I was in both Home Depot and Lowes yesterday and everyone had masks on.  We have not had a mask mandate since last summer although businesses had their own rules.

If I am in a group of people  I wear one more to make other people comfortable because as I keep saying, its not about me its about others.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe I disagree. In my area which is a large city, most are still masking up, including those of us who are vaccinated.

Many of us plan to for the foreseeable future.And  IMO the 4th of July is a silly arbitrary date.

Someone else thought it would be gone right after a date in November!  Wrong.

Respected Contributor

I have been going maskless unless a store requires it.  It is such a good feeling.

Honored Contributor

I went shopping yesterday w/o a mask on. Hardly anyone had a mask on. I went to Walmart, Home Depot and Ace Hardware...no masks required for vaxxed people...but who's checking??

Honored Contributor

In Whole Foods Friday I don't think I saw anyone without a mask. 

Respected Contributor

I see a lot of people without masks in my area but that has been the case all along.   I live in SC.  I am vaccinated but choose to wear a mask in stores.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

Our mask mandate for vaccinated people was dropped over a week ago, but everywhere I go, I am the only maskless person I see! People even wear masks outside in some places, and I know our vaccination rate is high. I don't have a problem with people wearing masks if they are more comfortable, but I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one without a mask. I've been a goody-goody all my life, and suddenly I feel like a rebel, LOL! 

Trusted Contributor

I've seen unmasked people at stores throughout the pandemic even though it was a state mandate. At Walmart today I saw lots of people, including employees, unmasked while shopping.  Hubs and I are fully vaccinated but will continue to wear masks in public until this is a good as over. 

Frequent Contributor

I just got home from CVS and said, nope I'm not going to wear mine.  Every person in the store was wearing one until I got to the register, the girl who rang up my purchase was maskless!  It was so awesome, I felt free!