Honored Contributor

Saw my first person WITHOUT a mask on Today out shopping

Here in the Seattle area everyone continues to mask up pretty much.

Today I saw my FIRST maskless  person.  It was actually  the person who rang me up at the Big Lots...they have a no mask needed if vaccinated mandate on the door as you enter.  Everyone else including customers were masked, as I think most people like myself are still unsure WHAT to do. 

People without masks do not bother me as am fully vaccinated so not too worried. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Saw my first person WITHOUT a mask on Today out shopping

States are handling this so differently. Here, it's becoming rare to see people wearing masks. I am so glad that I can go into stores without a mask. 

Valued Contributor

So why wear a mask

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen many people without a mask this past week. Here in Indiana about 50% or more go without one, including workers and general public. I'm kind of surprised that it took you this long to see someone maskless; I guess it depends on the area. People here started taking off masks as soon as the CDC issued their report, some even before then. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Our mask mandate is also gone for those double vaccinated and unfortunately it's the honor system for those not vaccinated to wear a mask.

Fortunately, in my county which still has a high virus rate, almost everyone I see is still wearing a mask, including all employees at Big Lots and other stores.  (I was there over the weekend). I certainly am. I'm double vaxed but there is a lot of virus still around.

Trusted Contributor

@deeva wrote:

States are handling this so differently. Here, it's becoming rare to see people wearing masks. I am so glad that I can go into stores without a mask. 

@deeva  Isn't it WONDERFUL?!?!?!  It makes me so happy to not have to wear a mask anymore!!

Respected Contributor

I was just at Nordstrom Rack and their sign said no mask required if you're vaccinated. I'd say 10% of the people were maskless.  I'm positive many more were vaccinated as I live in a high percentage vaccinated state.

I guess you do what you're comfortable with.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been to grocery stores, Walmart, Trader Joe's, Target, Dillards, gym, restaurants all without a mask. It's to the point now I don't even think about wearing one. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't been wearing one the whole time.  They are filled with germs.  I only wear one at my Dr. because I have no choice but I can never wait to rip it off.  I think by the 4th of July there will be very few wearing them.  I doubt they ever will again

Honored Contributor

I have never seen anyoneone maskless in the grocery store I go to .  It's just better that everyone in stores wear masks because the honor system is not going to cause COVID to go away and in areas where people are not wearing masks I would bet most have not been vaccinated so the numbers will go back up.  Just to be safe, until that magical 70% is reached, masks should still be worn.  There probably will be no back tracking  as numbers go way up again.  We got this far and numbers going down why ruin the progress now!!!??