Honored Contributor

Saw a cute Charlie Brown picture yesterday,

Snoopy was laying across his lap and asleep. Charlie called out, "can someone get the door bell, my dog's asleep on my lap and I can't move". I thought, that could be me! LOL. Then in Reader's Digest, there was something about a man I think in his bed, with their dogs who ranged in weight from 10-60 pounds and he said to his wife, something to the effect of he hoped he was comfortable. Boy do we love our animals.

Have you ever been caught in that predicament? That's so cute!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Saw a cute Charlie Brown picture yesterday,

Every time I sit on the couch.  My boxer thinks he has to sit in my lap. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness our Irish Setters weren't lap dogs!  But your posts reminded me of a few incidents when they were alive.

First, if we were reading the newspaper and they wanted attention, either they would back into your knees and knock the papers out or they would poke their head under the paper and look up at you waiting for a pat....almost with a smile.

Second memory:  it was awfully quiet after we brought him in for a few hours.  I looked around the door jamb and there he was---stretched out on the sofa with his head on a  silk pillow and sound asleep!  Quietly got DH to check on this scene.  We could hardly keep from laughing out loud.  When the setter realized we had caught him, he closed his eyes as though he were invisible....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

DH uses this excuse all the time (while on the couch with the pups) because it works with me." Hey Hon would you get me a (fill in the blank)?.....I don't want to disturb the dogs".

Respected Contributor

One of my dogs likes to sleep at my feet. Whenever I move she raises her head, stares at me, lowers her head and releases a loud sigh. I think she picked that up from my SO. lol

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Every time I sit on the couch.  My boxer thinks he has to sit in my lap. Smiley Happy

My dog does that too!  Whenever I sit on the couch he appears and sits on my lap.

I love dogs!

Honored Contributor

I've had that problem many times over the years, but with my kitties.  They were both lap cats.  I miss those days.  I only have my boy left and at 18, he's not into sitting on the lap anymore.

Respected Contributor

Mom used to "complain" about her 4 cats moving to the warm spot she left in her bed when she had to get up in the middle of the night.  I always laughed & asked her who was the boss.  :-)  :-)

Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Mom used to "complain" about her 4 cats moving to the warm spot she left in her bed when she had to get up in the middle of the night.  I always laughed & asked her who was the boss.  :-)  :-)

This is exactly what our Yorkie does. LOL And we know who the boss is.