Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Chopsmom wrote:

Savvy and brave.

I hope the police are actively searching for that sicko who no doubt was trying to harm him.

@Chopsmom 

That sicko is a mental patient who has already been confined.  We are too lenient with people who would stalk children.  There was a time when we were not but children are becoming their prey now and our courts are giving them a slap on the wrist.

@Nonametoday Yes, I see that now in the OP.  I guess I was just so mad.  You are 100% correct!

Valued Contributor

Just saw this on the morning news ,what a smart boy but he learned what to do from a loving father that instilled Danger Danger in him,think in today's world we can't make believe we are all living in Pleasantville. Hoping schools are doing their share in  protecting children with knowledge.

Nice to hear a good outcome and  praise to the  teenage worker  in  locking  the door of the store.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@MorningLover - Thank you for posting this.  Children all around the world should read this and watch the video so they will know how to avoid being kidnapped or worse. 

The woman/lurer was found by police and is to go for mental counseling.  I am concerned that due to what the lurer said to the boy that this was a planned event, where she was looking for a young boy or girl, possibly for trafficking through a network, and this was just a moment of opportunity for the woman to kidnap a child. The idea that she wanted to convince the boy that she knew his parents and that they told her to tell him to somewhere with her and she would buy him anything he wanted at a particular store does not sit well with me. The lurer had her set of lies all ready to use on this child. I sure hope that the police are following her closely after her "mental health referral" to determine if she is part of a larger child trafficking ring.

It is disturbing that the lurer's face was blurred in the video, because she is still able to walk around (no arrest was made), and no other children will have a clue what she looks like so that they might better be able to protect themselves from her-- i.e. to spot her coming near them for the same purpose. Perhaps this is for the benefit of the police, however, so that they can watch this more closely and make her feel more comfortable in order to find and identify her close contacts and bring down a trafficking ring. I sure hope that is the case. 

On a much happier note, that young boy is amazing!  I am so happy for him and for his parents. That store clerk, possibly someone the child knew from prior visits to the store, was wonderful, too! 

@Jersey Born 

As someone who has a law officer in the family, he says the perpetrator's face should not have been blurred but the child's should have.   You never show the face of a juvenile victim or perpetrator at first blush because there is always the case of "alleged" in the case of a juvenile perpetrator but in the case of a juvenile victim, you never show the face nor give the name.  He thought that was totally irresponsible.

Honored Contributor

Re: Savvy 10-Year-Old Boy

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The boy was awesome, the cashier was awesome, the police were awesome. I just hope they aren't betrayed by the criminals come first crowd and she  is back on the streets where another child doesn't get the good outcome.

@Nancy Drew 

I think many of our judges and justices in this country are being paid off by outside money and fear lurks in their hearts because of gangs and religious interests. And, I hate to say it, but I suspect many politicians are involved in the child trade in this country.  It feathers their campaign funds.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The boy was awesome, the cashier was awesome, the police were awesome. I just hope they aren't betrayed by the criminals come first crowd and she  is back on the streets where another child doesn't get the good outcome.

@Nancy Drew 

I think many of our judges and justices in this country are being paid off by outside money and fear lurks in their hearts because of gangs and religious interests. And, I hate to say it, but I suspect many politicians are involved in the child trade in this country.  It feathers their campaign funds.

Agree - judges, da's, politicians - bought, bribed, blackmailed, beholden or belonging.

Esteemed Contributor

Kudos to Sammy Green.  He did the smart thing.

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud @nancy drew

In relation to your comments about bribery, etc, I just finished reading a book by John Grisham named Biloxi Boys, all about this subject.  It is a very interesting book 

Honored Contributor
@Nancy Drew wrote:
The boy was awesome, the cashier was awesome, the police were awesome. I just hope they aren't betrayed by the criminals come first crowd and she is back on the streets where another child doesn't get the good outcome.

She didn't commit any crimes or break any laws.  She'll be admitted to a psychiatric facility for assessment and a treatment plan.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Savvy 10-Year-Old Boy

[ Edited ]

I read on line that the cashier was 17. She really deserves a lot of credit.  I smiled when I read it because Sammy at 10 thought she was old enough to be his mom and she certainly acted like a mom and protected him.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone started a Gofundme for her which would be a great "college fund"