Honored Contributor

Re: Save yourself a lot of PAIN & MISERY....

Another source is Tommy Coppyer, a mild compression item that is sewn with copper. Not occasional copper pieces placed in spots on the item but rather copper (and another metal I think) that have been actually woven and made into the item!  The fiber is actually made of copper.

I have bad knees and when they ache, this item helps.  I have ache in my right hand and purchased the fingerless gloves and they have relieved the ache.  

I don't know if they work for everyone, but they have worked for me.    Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

It's always worth a try, and if it works, it works!  I might give it a try.  It's been said that magnets work for many people.  Now I'm thinking that if we have electrical energy in our bodies, the magnets may draw some of that painful electrical energy outward.  Makes sense to me, anyway......Updated:  Actually, who knows: just maybe the presence of pain within our bodies produces even more electrodes/electricity/whatever electrical energy.  Maybe this over-abundance of painful electrical energy  might be relieved by magnets pulling it away and outside of our bodies.  Well, it's an unscientific thought.  Still, what if nobody yet has measured the amount of increased (if any) electrical energy during painful episodes...........

Makes sense but even if it doesn't it seems to work.  My friend has been in pain well over a year and has tried almost everything with traditional medicine, not to mention expense out of network. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Another source is Tommy Coppyer, a mild compression item that is sewn with copper. Not occasional copper pieces placed in spots on the item but rather copper (and another metal I think) that have been actually woven and made into the item!  The fiber is actually made of copper.

I have bad knees and when they ache, this item helps.  I have ache in my right hand and purchased the fingerless gloves and they have relieved the ache.  

I don't know if they work for everyone, but they have worked for me.    Woman Happy

I saw them advertised on TV and wondered if they worked! 

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

I am a nurse and have a great deal of faith in traditional medicine and don't put much stock in holistic remedies.  I just went through a great ordeal with a friend with chronic back pain.  He was about to be entered into a study actually funded by Medicare for a new treatment but was rejected at the last moment.  He was at wits end because he did not want major reconstructive surgery which seemed to be the last option.  His sister is very enthusiastic about the use of magnets for pain....I raised my eyebrows and had a few snarky remarks but she sent him a catalogue.  In desperation, he ordered a back brace for $20 with magnets.  He put the thing on before going to observe a Rutgers practice session as he would be on his feet a long time.   He sent me a note stating this was the best his back felt in years!  Well, who knew?  He told his doctor and he said some people do have success with magnets; keep using them....so if you have chronic pain, try them

I also wonder if the placebo effect had something as well to do with his pain decreasing too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

I am a nurse and have a great deal of faith in traditional medicine and don't put much stock in holistic remedies.  I just went through a great ordeal with a friend with chronic back pain.  He was about to be entered into a study actually funded by Medicare for a new treatment but was rejected at the last moment.  He was at wits end because he did not want major reconstructive surgery which seemed to be the last option.  His sister is very enthusiastic about the use of magnets for pain....I raised my eyebrows and had a few snarky remarks but she sent him a catalogue.  In desperation, he ordered a back brace for $20 with magnets.  He put the thing on before going to observe a Rutgers practice session as he would be on his feet a long time.   He sent me a note stating this was the best his back felt in years!  Well, who knew?  He told his doctor and he said some people do have success with magnets; keep using them....so if you have chronic pain, try them

I also wonder if the placebo effect had something as well to do with his pain decreasing too.

@JustJazzmom - under normal circumstances, I might think so but not with this guy.  He only tried the brace because his sister insisted and really didn't think it was going to help.  But, he spent a fortune trying to find relief from pain so he said "what's $20."   He was quite surprised to feel relief.  This man was an executive officer at a fortune 100 Company in NYC and quite bright.  His doctor is the Chief of Medicine at a teaching hospital in NYC and he had no clue how magnets worked but a good friend's wife, also a doctor, found relief from pain as well and swears by them.  So he said keep using them.  I suggested maybe it was just wearing the brace but he has worn one before....so we will see...I hope he stays pain free as he was at wit's end. 

Respected Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I saw them advertised on TV and wondered if they worked! 

I have a friend who says they help her a lot. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The debate of using magnetics for these purposes has been ongoing for decades. I don't think yet there is perfected, definitive proof that they do work, especially for all people in need. Every article ever published still has supposition in it and also infers that the placebo affect is huge.

Nevertheless, I know thousands if not more swear by it.

Question: If magnets pull "enery" impulses out of the body , what happens when you have a CAT Scan, especially a Cat Scan of the brain , head, etc. or the chest cavity (heart?)

John, any thoughts ? I'd love to hear your thoughts about this. Woman Happy

Sunday blessings to everyone.  Cat Happy