Honored Contributor

Re: Savannah Spurlock, New Details on Murder

@staciesmom Had not read that. So sad no matter what the reason.

Respected Contributor

@staciesmom wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

If I remember what I read correctly:

*eldest son has no relationship with paternal father. Paternal grandfather has the child the majority of the time.

* ex boyfriend is the father of the second child and twin infants and was watching them the night she went out.

Custody battle could go on between her parents (who are divorced), the paternal grandfather and the ex-boyfriend. What a mess for those children depending how the court sees this. Or, depending on the reasons why the kids were with this and that person, the court could pull them all into foster care.

Time will tell.

I read that the ex-boyfriend had custody of the twins due to "an incident in the maternity ward". Sad she didn't get the guidance she desperately needed. 

" Sad she didn't get the guidance she desperately needed. "

Maybe she did. There's an old saying. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

If I remember what I read correctly:

*eldest son has no relationship with paternal father. Paternal grandfather has the child the majority of the time.

* ex boyfriend is the father of the second child and twin infants and was watching them the night she went out.

Custody battle could go on between her parents (who are divorced), the paternal grandfather and the ex-boyfriend. What a mess for those children depending how the court sees this. Or, depending on the reasons why the kids were with this and that person, the court could pull them all into foster care.

Time will tell.

@SahmIam,  I understand and agree with you. I have to say, though, that the court can only put a child(ren) in foster care unless the child is in imminent danger AND all efforts to place the child with a relative or other approved person are exhausted.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining In my experience, I would say it depends on the court, the county and the state. 

The whole family dynamics will be looked at. The reason the mother wasn't in court, the reason the mother and father divorced, the reason the one father has nothing to do with the child (his call, her call), the age of not only the grandparents but also the great grandfather and their ability to care for the children, should the children all be under one roof and if so who's,  the reason the father of the other 3 is her ex, the reason the mother, the ex and a current boyfriend told her to go, the relationship with her so-called friends and what they may bring around the children.....etc.

There is a LOT more to this situation than we all know about and rightly so. If the court feels there is ANY justifiable reason to remove those children, they will. 

Super Contributor

smh...God help those poor children now and in their future lives.Heart

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Silver Lining In my experience, I would say it depends on the court, the county and the state. 

The whole family dynamics will be looked at. The reason the mother wasn't in court, the reason the mother and father divorced, the reason the one father has nothing to do with the child (his call, her call), the age of not only the grandparents but also the great grandfather and their ability to care for the children, should the children all be under one roof and if so who's,  the reason the father of the other 3 is her ex, the reason the mother, the ex and a current boyfriend told her to go, the relationship with her so-called friends and what they may bring around the children.....etc.

There is a LOT more to this situation than we all know about and rightly so. If the court feels there is ANY justifiable reason to remove those children, they will. 

I almost hope they will. 

Honored Contributor

Those poor children . I pray for their well-being, that they can find a stable family member to raise them