Valued Contributor

Savanna Club, Port St. Lucie, Florida

I am seriously considering retiring to the Savanna Club in Port St. Lucie, Florida. It seems like a lovely community with all the amenities I desire. I know that you lease the land instead of owning it. Does anyone live there or is familiar with it and would you be kind enough to share your thoughts and/or experiences? The homes are manufactured, which would be something brand new to my way of life but I understand the newer ones are built to hurricane code. I also understand that the land lease increases by 4% every year but since you don't own the land, you don't pay taxes on it so I guess it evens out. I know there is an HOA fee and wonder how often that increases and by how much. These questions I do not think a real estate agent or rep from the Savanna Club would answer honestly. They would probably skirt around the issue. Being on a fixed income, this is important to me.

The houses seem extremely reasonably priced, says this former New Yorker, but before I decide to go down there and look around, I would very much appreciate as much input as possible. Thank you in advance. docsgirl

Super Contributor

Re: Savanna Club, Port St. Lucie, Florida

Why don't you write their Chamber of Commerce and they will mail you a full packet full of information.