Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🛢 Saudia Arabia Oil Refinary 🛢

Which is worse?  A country's absolute volume of carbon dioxide emission or its per capita volume of carbon dioxide emission?  I'm going with the absolute figure, where in China creates double the emissions of the United States.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

How is the electricity used to power your electric vehicle generated?

In 2018 Fossil Fuels accounted for 64% of electricity generation, primarily Coal and Natural Gas.

In 2018  Nuclear power accounted for nearly 20%.

Renewabless account for most of the balance, includingHydropowerr, Wind and Biomass.

Many people in favor of electric vehicles have issues with coal, natural gas and nuclear fueled generating stations.

Highlighted in red, the *food chain* of how people who think electric cars are the answer.  It does seem better to plug in instead of pulling in (to a gas station).

I feel like some people really believe that electricity (electric cars) is a *clean* solution.   That they're harmless as the paint color on the wall with the outlet.

Oil companies have to follow strict guidelines.  Are there failures?  Absolutely.   No refineries have been built in this country since the 70's.  So the existing ones are literally dinosaurs.  Many dating back to the early 1900's and even the 1800's. Constant maintenance shutdowns to keep repairing old units. 

Trying to keep up the ever increasing demand for gasoline and oil by an American people so divided, yet so (un)appreciatedly dependant.

Trusted Contributor

You all have made my day.....an exchange of ideas and opinions on a major issue with courtesy and serious thought!

I remember waiting in the gas station line on the "even" days for over an hour. Once being told the gas pump was empty when I was a few cars away from the prize. And, of course, at that time I drove a VW Bug.....

What we have done to become more energy self sufficient is impressive. I believe that the US will find solutions to the energy situation and to climate change before China does......

Honored Contributor

I'm confused as to the importance of which country is the bigger polluter and which country will be the first to "solve" it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The Planet Is Fine....George Carlin

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfJhPbFW6qk

ENJOY!  whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

China and the US lead the world in the amount of carbon emissions they produce. However, China has quadruple the size of population; yet, the US emits double what China does in emissions. China is beginning to take the lead in trying to reduce its emissions. On the other hand, the US now has pulled out of world efforts to address the situation. We are basically a non entity when it comes to being a leader in our planet's sustainability. Nothing happens over night, but every effort no matter how small is a positive move. Sustainable alternative non fossil energies also contribute alternative job opportunities around the world as well as investment opportunities.

@RainCityWoman So China is looking good to you?  

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

The Planet Is Fine....George Carlin

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfJhPbFW6qk

ENJOY!  whistling.gif

@Mz iMac, thank you. What an insanely talented man he was.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland