Respected Contributor

Re: Sat. set your clocks up one hr.

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

I'm excited for longer days!!!  Lots of my electronics change themselves for me now!  Technology can be a wonderful thing.

There are still only 24 hours in the day and there is still the same amount of daylight within those 24 hours.

Of course, I realize that.  However, I work until 5 pm.  I like to get out for a walk/run when I get home, and this will give me more time to do that in the daylight. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

I'm excited for longer days!!!  Lots of my electronics change themselves for me now!  Technology can be a wonderful thing.

There are still only 24 hours in the day and there is still the same amount of daylight within those 24 hours.

Of course, I realize that.  However, I work until 5 pm.  I like to get out for a walk/run when I get home, and this will give me more time to do that in the daylight. 

At the expense of someone who may be finally getting some daylight for their morning walk/run.  You are getting more daylight everyday, just as the morning runner has been.  Guess you are more important, who cares about anyone else as long as you get what you want.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

At the expense of someone who may be finally getting some daylight for their morning walk/run.  You are getting more daylight everyday, just as the morning runner has been.  Guess you are more important, who cares about anyone else as long as you get what you want.

@CrazyDaisy, you are awfully bent out of shape about this.  You are carrying on about it on 2 threads.  You really must hate DST.   

Honored Contributor

Nothing is gonna change doesn't matter who likes/dislikes.

Honored Contributor

It's nice for workers who use public transportation and don't have to walk home in the dark, sometimes alone.  

Nice to walk home in the daylight/twilight.  

It couldn't be too safe to walk home for blocks and blocks in the dark.  Lots of human and other critters out there, including mountain lions, coyotes, raccoons, etc. in certain areas.

Well, enjoy DST.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Tomorrow my car clock will be dead right again...........I don't bother changing.....  bought it in the summer so it stays 'summer'. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, this is going to hurt.  I just spent a week in the mountains which is an hour behind my home.  Then, came home with a cold, so I've been sleeping in late.  Gettin up Sunday morning an hour early and rushing to get dressed up is going to be a bear. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

@CrazyDaisy   Only at the equator where daylight is a constant 12 hours.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I love to spring forward. Wish they would leave it & not fall back!!

Honored Contributor

I will love having more daylight....I hate when it is dark at 5:30 pm when we fall forward...