Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sarah Jessica Parker Re: Epi Pen hike

So that brings us to an alternative – Adrenaclick.

It’s a little different to use, it requires two caps instead of one, and some say it’s more complicated than Epipen.

It can cost four hundred dollars without insurance but we found much, much cheaper options if you use a coupon.

On the website goodrx.com you can get it at just roughly $142 dollars at Walmart and Sam’s Club and only a little more at Walgreens.

This is an important reminder that you can always check out medicines on this website and those similar to see if there’s a coupon available. The coupon can sometimes get you your medication for less money than your insurance.

Keep in mind many doctors tend to prescribe EpiPen because it has a virtual monopoly on the market. One competitor got recalled, and two others still wait for FDA approval.

If you want to try Adrenaclick, you have to ask your doctor to prescribe it because a pharmacist isn’t allowed to just sub it out for an EpiPen on their own. Always ask your doctor about alternatives and weigh the cost, benefits, and possible differences in treatment.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/195540999-story

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis  I'm due to pick up pens in a few months; I'm going to ask the doc for this brand and see what happens.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@itiswhatitis  I'm due to pick up pens in a few months; I'm going to ask the doc for this brand and see what happens.

Good luck.

I've no clue about the differences in the pens.  Someone posted about this alternative and was wondering why folk wouldn't use the alternative.  I pulled up a story, hoping to aid in finding out why others don't use this click pen.  This is the info I found.

I've seen on the news too, where the use of a syringe is another option.  Doctors have said so.  What they fear is people will panic when attempting to use the syringe method.  

It would be nice if they could make an immediate dissolve tab.  I know that would be harder because it would need to enter the bloodstream immediately.  I hope better alternatives are found for all who require this medicine.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

Here's the difference:

@Noel7 wrote:

Do I have it correct that the alternative is a med by way of a syringe?

That would be a problem when the EPI pen is so quick.  I've done it.  Remove top, jam short needle through your clothes into the side of your thigh and press the plunger.  Faster than a regular injection.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

Here's the difference:

@Noel7 wrote:

That would be a problem when the EPI pen is so quick.  I've done it.  Remove top, jam short needle through your clothes into the side of your thigh and press the plunger.  Faster than a regular injection.

Doesn't sound like the AdrenaClick is syringe based.  The other alternative to pens is the syringe.  The AdrenaClick thingy just works differently than the Epi Pen.  What the differences are in the two pens, I don't know.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

Yes, it would be good to know, especially if the other is more complicated or takes more time.

Maybe someone here has used the other and can tell us.

In case anyone doesn't know, the new CEO got a $19 million bonus for raising the price.  She's the daughter of a Senator.

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

Yes, it would be good to know, especially if the other is more complicated or takes more time.

In case anyone doesn't know, the new CEO got a $19 million bonus for raising the price.  She's the daughter of a Senator.

Oddly some posters have a heightened animosity toward SJP instead of against the real "bad guys" like the CEO.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

@Noel7 I just checked for Youtube videos.  None, nada, zilch.  Of course, she got a raise.  Shameful.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Juniebugz wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

Oddly some posters have a heightened animosity toward SJP instead of against the real "bad guys" like the CEO.

Yes, I can tell.  SJP is not the manufacturer of this drug.  Mylan is.  

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

Here's the difference:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @Noel7!  Adrenaclick works the same way the Epipen does.  Only difference is different pharmaceutical companies.

There are several medications out there that are placed in self injectors.  Adrenaclick doesn't take any more time than the Epipen.

Hope that helps!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *