Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sarah Jessica Parker Re: Epi Pen hike

"Ended her relationship?"

I doubt she could even if she wanted to - I imagine she has a contract.

PR.

Respected Contributor

i'd say she didn't do her homework before putting her imprimatur on the company. these price increases have been occurring for several years now.   also why did the FDA turn down Teva's competitive product? with such a market, i find it most peculiar that there isn't a real competitor.  most peculiar.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

"Ended her relationship?"

I doubt she could even if she wanted to - I imagine she has a contract.

PR.

Many times there's an 'escape clause' for both sides in these type of contracts.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

i'd say she didn't do her homework before putting her imprimatur on the company. these price increases have been occurring for several years now.   also why did the FDA turn down Teva's competitive product? with such a market, i find it most peculiar that there isn't a real competitor.  most peculiar.

@ms traditional

"On Monday, the Israeli generics giant disclosed that it had received an FDA rejection for its generic version--and in that rejection, regulators flagged "certain major deficiencies." With serious problems to fix, the company expects its copycat to be "significantly delayed"--meaning it's not anticipating a launch before 2017."

FULL ARTICLE LINK

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  yes i had read that.  but stll wondering what the deficiencies are - maybe you found what they are?   if they're serious, can one expect it to be marketing in 2017?  competition will obviously help this situation.  when Congress/Prez decreed that this treatment needed to be in schools, etc, i wonder if they considered how much they were going to increase demand -  in a market with few competitors.  

Trusted Contributor

I read Auvi Q discontinued the product.  Maybe this huge price increase will encourage other companies to make one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is evidently an ethical person--good for her!

ETA:  On generics, I know this from a brand-name drug I need b/c the generic isn't as good for me. . .

According to my pharmacist, a generic only has to be 80% as effective as the proprietary drug.  A generic epi-pen that only worked about 2/3s of the time would be too dangerous.

The rapacity of drug companies is without limits, seemingly.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional

Had something to do w/the FDA application for approval they filled out.  Apparently Tera was issued a CRL back in Feb.  Does not appear the rejection had anything to do w/the product or its incrediants. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Of course, the CEO's salary jumped up in the past couple years, along with the price hikes in the pens.  How someone can sit through an interview and try to lamely justify her current salary at $18 Million a year, well it's just beyond me.  Greed and Gall go hand-in-hand.

On a positive note, Senator Richard Blumenthal is on this case.  He spent many years as our Attorney General in Connecticut before heading to the Senate.  He has a sterling reputation and is not afraid to take on big money interests.  Somebody who is devoted to helping we "little people," despite having personal wealth.  I just love this guy - have for many years.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can you expand on that?

I've heard of an escape clause towards the celebrity doing the endorsing, but not towards or involving the company.

@KingstonsMom