Respected Contributor

People are people, even if they are royals.  They have their likes and their dislikes.  I used to hear, when I lived in Britain, that Andrew was the Queen's favorite son.

I am sure the familiy including the Queen, recognized that Andrew's transgressions let "the firm" down (Charles used to call the family "the firm"), but that doesn't mean you don't love someone anymore.

She liked Sarah Fergusson, too--I think Sarah's late father was the polo coach for the Prince of Wales (now Charles III). 

People arem't perfect, but Sarah kept the Queen as a friendly contact, and she never truly broke with Andrew. 

Honored Contributor

Getting back to the thread title, there are photos of Sarah Ferguson vieing the floral tributes.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

I saw Andrew decked out in his full regalia on TV today. I believe he was given a special dispensation to wear it and Harry was denied. Sarah used to regularly go with the Queen to walk the corgis. The Queen had said it was a time she looked forward to with Sarah. I am glad to know they remained close and Sarah was never completely banished from the royals. I had read their daughters were taking the dogs, but I hope Sarah takes them since they know her and being with someone they know would be less traumatic. 

Respected Contributor

I saw the video of him freaking out because one of his fountain pens leaked. Camilla stepped in and sat down at his desk, picked up another one, and began signing something...maybe she will be forging his signature for him...from the fit he pitched, I would say the Queen Consort is going to have her hands full. I think he showed some normalcy and a less stuffy side of himself when he got annoyed with the pen leaking...who wouldn't? 

Valued Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I saw Andrew decked out in his full regalia on TV today. I believe he was given a special dispensation to wear it and Harry was denied. Sarah used to regularly go with the Queen to walk the corgis. The Queen had said it was a time she looked forward to with Sarah. I am glad to know they remained close and Sarah was never completely banished from the royals. I had read their daughters were taking the dogs, but I hope Sarah takes them since they know her and being with someone they know would be less traumatic. 

Harry will be allowed to wear his military uniform Saturday when the grandchildren stand guard at the Queen's casket (that's probably why Andrew had his uniform on as the 4 children were standing guard tonight).

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I don't see the new King Charles in charge for long. He was too old when he took over and I don't think he can handle the responsibility. I give him five to ten years before he hands over the title to William.

That family has the "long life" gene.  Charles will get his 20 years on the throne. Surely you know that the British monarchy isn't something they drop on a whim because it's a Thursday or they don't want to do it anymore.  And this isn't 1722, the role is largely in constitutional monarchy.  Parliament, the peoole, the elected officials are "in charge".  Just as Charles has been doing much of the work for his mother for years, William will do the same for his father as he ages.  
Respected Contributor

Princess Diana and Fergie bonded and became close friends.  They were always doing some funny antics in the early years of being in the monarchy.  Here is one funny story about them dressing up as policewoman in front of Buckingham Palace:

https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/princess-diana-fergie-police-van-hens-party/ce74f8de-3299-4acc-bc4d...

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

I read a biography of Charles a number of years ago. Once when Charles was sitting in his office he deliberately dropped a piece of paper at his feet. There was a waste basket within his reach. He called his secretary over and instructed him to pick up the paper and put in the waste basket. The Queen was always known to be and kind to her staff and servants. Charles not so much. I wish him well though. He has waited and been in training for 7 decades. 

Respected Contributor
Chrystaltree I didn't mean that Charles leave willingly. I don't foresee him living until he is 96 like his mother. Compare his appearance and the queens at the same age he is now. Charles looks more haggard and tire. If he gives the title to William it will be for health reasons.
Respected Contributor

@hopi  I've been giving King Charles a pass on his mini fits as this is such a stressful time with the Queen passing away. 

That said, I think he's a fuss budget and fuddy duddy and maybe a bit spoiled? Time will tell if he continues his little snaps about minor issues. He's not rolling with the punches with the grace, dignity and humor shown by his mother.....maybe the position of King is not the best fit for him at this time in his life.