Honored Contributor

"Fergie" has an unusual place in the royal family. She wrote a beautiful tribute to Queen Elizabeth.

I've read articles that say people are asking why she isn't doing things with the royal family.

She and Andrew have never "left" each other. They live together, maybe as roommates,maybe more, They are always around each other, and they seem to be close, even though it's just the two of them. And they are taking the Queen's dogs. She believes he is innocent. They did a great job bringing up their daughters together. But since they divorced she no longer is an "official" member of the family.

But she and Queen Elizabeth were very close. The Queen always got along with her because Sarah did like being outdoors and enjoying dogs and horses, something Diana wasn't that interested in. I read they saw each other all of the time. And Sarah still calls the Queen her mother-in-law. Last year she told a reporter Queen Elizabeth was more than a mother to her than her own mother. She said the Queen was "forgiving and generous" when she and Andrew divorced.  

Prince Philip wasn't that forgiving. Apparently during Sarah, Andrew, and the girls' holiday visits to Balmoral, they would wait until Prince Philip left before Sarah would go!

Sarah hasn't been to any of the recent family ceremonial events, but she will be at the main funeral. She won't be allowed to sit with Andrew and her daughters, but at least she can attend.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sarah Ferguson

[ Edited ]

Charles appears to have issues and the monarchy may not last long if he doesn't do better.  There have been at least 3 times since named king he has thrown mini fits with the camera's rolling. He needs to grow up. His bizarre rulings on who can do what and wear what is crazy. 

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Phil appears to have issues and the monarchy may not last long if he doesn't do better.  There have been at least 3 times since named king he has thrown mini fits with the camera's rolling. He needs to grow up. His bizarre rulings on who can do what and wear what is crazy. 

Do you mean King Charles III?  Who is Phil?

Respected Contributor
I don't see the new King Charles in charge for long. He was too old when he took over and I don't think he can handle the responsibility. I give him five to ten years before he hands over the title to William.
Respected Contributor

Some of those old traditions are just stuffy and somewhat abusive.  I hope Charlie modernizes the system.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

"Fergie" has an unusual place in the royal family. She wrote a beautiful tribute to Queen Elizabeth.

I've read articles that say people are asking why she isn't doing things with the royal family.

She and Andrew have never "left" each other. They live together, maybe as roommates,maybe more, They are always around each other, and they seem to be close, even though it's just the two of them. And they are taking the Queen's dogs. She believes he is innocent. They did a great job bringing up their daughters together. But since they divorced she no longer is an "official" member of the family.

But she and Queen Elizabeth were very close. The Queen always got along with her because Sarah did like being outdoors and enjoying dogs and horses, something Diana wasn't that interested in. I read they saw each other all of the time. And Sarah still calls the Queen her mother-in-law. Last year she told a reporter Queen Elizabeth was more than a mother to her than her own mother. She said the Queen was "forgiving and generous" when she and Andrew divorced.  

Prince Philip wasn't that forgiving. Apparently during Sarah, Andrew, and the girls' holiday visits to Balmoral, they would wait until Prince Philip left before Sarah would go!

Sarah hasn't been to any of the recent family ceremonial events, but she will be at the main funeral. She won't be allowed to sit with Andrew and her daughters, but at least she can attend.

@beach-mom 

Wow ....  Oh well, at least she'll be "allowed" to attend the funeral ...  but not "allowed" to sit with her own family?  Really?  

How petty can they get?

JMO, but just another reason why this outdated institution should finally be abolished.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Phil appears to have issues and the monarchy may not last long if he doesn't do better.  There have been at least 3 times since named king he has thrown mini fits with the camera's rolling. He needs to grow up. His bizarre rulings on who can do what and wear what is crazy. 

i'm willing to cut him some slack. He is grieving the loss of his mother and being scrutinized while adjusting to a new role/life, isn't easy, no matter how much training you've had. Plus he's 73 years old and older people can get grouchy and stressed.

Honored Contributor

I have always liked Sarah even when she made some really bad choices.  I think it is wonderful that she Andrew have been able to raise their girls together as a united front even without marriage.  Protocol for the Queen's funeral regarding former spouses is probably much different than say Princess Eugenie big formal wedding..   

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

@hopi wrote:

i'm willing to cut him some slack. He is grieving the loss of his mother and being scrutinized while adjusting to a new role/life, isn't easy, no matter how much training you've had. Plus he's 73 years old and older people can get grouchy and stressed.

@10sluvr - So true! I felt so bad and noticed how he got really upset when his pen leaked. He's been preparing for this his whole life, but at the end of everything, he is a son who is missing the mother he had for 73 years. And he can't even miss her in private. He probably wants to just break down and cry, and postpone all of the ceremonial stuff. But he can't.

Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Do you mean King Charles III?  Who is Phil?

Sorry meant Charles