Occasional Visitor

Well were should I begin. I purchased a tree from Santa's Best last year 2017 and the tree worked beautifully for the Christmas season for a sick child that wanted a tree. So this year the tree is not working. Let me include the price of the tree was over $200.00. I contacted customer service at QVC and they gave me the information I needed to contact Santa's Best. I then contacted Santa's Best and had to wait for 30 minutes before anyone came too the phone, went through hoops and ringers to rectify the problem, nothing worked. Then the Santa's Best representative suggested sending me some kind of extension cord of some sort that would fix the problem no matter what the issue. Then she said I needed to send $10.00 along with the invoice so the warranty would still be valid. She also stated that the process would take 2 weeks, in 2 weeks it will be Christmas and I need a tree now. Let me remind you, I spent over $200.00 and Santa's Best wants another $10.00. Now since I paid this kind of money for a product, I expect for the product to work for more than a year, and maybe this is why Santa's Best only offers a 2 year limited warranty for lights and 5 year limited warranty for tree. Well with that being said I'm not sending Santa's Best anymore money. If that's the case why have a warranty. You don't send money for a product to fix the problem if there is a warranty. A warranty covers everything and it has not been 2 years since I purchased the tree. So when I contacted the QVC representative and told her the situation she was helpful to a certain point. After we had our conversation she promised to contact me, have not heard from her. At this point the child and I are disappointment in QVC and Santa's Best. Final note, now the sick child who wanted the tree will not have one for Christmas.     

Honored Contributor

I agree when you spend a considerable sum for a product the warranty ought to cover all costs associated with keeping it in working order.  That being said, it seems to be standard for the manufacturer to charge a fee for s&h for replacement parts.  Although I haven't experienced it, I believe I've heard people here mention paying such a fee for Temptations and Lock & Lock replacements.  So for $10., you may be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Notrightbynomeans, I had the same problem with my Bethlehem tree. Worked beautifully in 2016 and in 2017 the middle part wouldn’t work. It took me 4 hours to remove all the lights. My arms were scratched really bad.  I called but could never get a real person. I also paid a lot but now I have to string the lights. Still enjoying the tree but it’s sad that it only worked one year. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Santa's Best

[ Edited ]

Since Christmas is 2 weeks away, I would go and buy lights for the tree.   It will look beautiful.   

Deal with the warranty issues after Christmas.   

I know you shouldn’t have to do that...

Trusted Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Since Christmas is 2 weeks away, I would go and buy lights for the tree.   It will look beautiful.   

Deal with the warranty issues after Christmas.   

I know you shouldn’t have to do that...

ITA.