Honored Contributor

Santa Fe Indian Market

[ Edited ]

It was earlier announced that no Indian Market would be held this year but now they've decided to make it a virtual market and you're all invited!  Since space won't be an issue, they will be able to increase the number of participants. 

You will be able to shop for the finest indigenous art in the world, all guaranteed made in the USA.  There will be jewelry, pottery, rugs, kachina dolls, paintings, everything the Indians make, and I bet they'll figure out a way for you to meet the artists.  Everything shown will be world-class in quality.

This will be in August.  I'll remind you later and have the details.

Screenshot_20200508-183702~2.png

Screenshot_20200508-184039~2.pngScreenshot_20200508-185240~2.png

Screenshot_20200508-184256~2.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Santa Fe Indian Market

[ Edited ]

We were married on August 20 many years ago and had planned on having the ceremony in Santa Fe. Indian Market made it impossible to find a place to have it or a reception. We married in Albuquerque and spent one night in Santa Fe and had our reception at home. Rehearsal dinner at High Finance. Even hotels, etc in Abq were full due to the market.

When we lived in Abq, we went to the market every year. It's amazing! I taught out in the valley in Abq and every payday our parking lot at our school would be lined up with parents who made Indian jewelry....I bought a lot of it...many Tenorio pieces. My teaching assistant was the "house girl"for Georgia O'Keefe when she was a little girl.....oh, the stories she could tell! Her father was O'Keefe's driver. Guess I am showing my age!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  Thanks for posting this!  Please keep us updated (I'd love to help the artists of Santa Fe).

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Kachina624   I’ve always wanted to go. I’m excited. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much @Kachina624.  I have been to NM many times and although I always wanted to attend the Indian Market it never happened.  I am a kachina and storyteller collector, not to mention the jewelry.  If you are familiar with Pozzi Franzetti, I have many of her pieces as well.  Looking forward to seeing this year's poster.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for this, @Kachina624 . I love me some southwestern jewelry and am always happy to support talented American artists.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

This is great news!  Keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

Re: Santa Fe Indian Market

[ Edited ]

One of those bracelets is calling me.  Shoot, August is a long wa off.  Lol  now I am really zero'd in that bracelet.  Thanks Kachina😩

Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing this and keeping us informed!

The artists of New Mexico are very famous and I look forward to the shopping experience!

Trusted Contributor

DH and I have been to Indian Market several times...it's close to our anniversary so we'd book a room...way in advance and drive down for a few days...it's great just to see all the beautiful jewelry and art pieces....thanks @Kachina624   ... DW