Re: TMI at the checkout today!

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Funny how many get their knickers in a twist about a worker doing

multiple tasks within their job, implying they somehow, someway

they’re carrying human excrement to a customer purchase...

but yet....

eat, without a blink of an eye....

meat, cheese, milk, eggs which have all sorts of

animal feces, blood, bone & pus contained within the food product..

but that’s another conversation for another thread.

@sidsmom

I saw a thread about tainted meat on the Wellness board not long ago and not many responses resulted, but when the same was posted about romaine lettuce this past summer there were dozens of posts and more than one thread.

I wondered why hardly anyone cared about the infected meat but so many were apoplectic about the lettuce.

Maybe people eat more romaine than meat. 

I do. I am not vegan and never plan to be, but I don't eat meat at every meal. More salads. I get my protein from eggs, cheese and seafood. Some poultry.

Please no lectures. I have no interest  in plant based eating.

@Ms tyrion2

I have no interest in giving a "lecture". I don't lecture anyone about diet.  I simply share my experiences and thoughts (and not even much of that anymore), so I don't know where the "don't lecture me" came from.   I was just curious about the responses to both the meat tainted thread and the romaine tainted one.

Even if you only eat meat once a week surely you would be interested in the quality of it.  That's what I would think, anyway.  Only one time could make you very ill, whether it's from meat, dairy, or produce..

Sorry @QueenDanceALot.

That last part wasn't aimed at you.

@Ms tyrion2

O.K.  Thanks.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALotit is a lot of work but they can,freeze,dry and even do herbs and make spices.They are amazing and I am sometimes a lucky beneficiary of their high quality food.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALotit is a lot of work but they can,freeze,dry and even do herbs and make spices.They are amazing and I am sometimes a lucky beneficiary of their high quality food.

@dex

You are lucky indeed!

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Because they are part of an intellectually disabled group that is hired by Kroger to bag groceries. They have been trained to work independently there so there is no one in the bathrooms reminding them to wash their hands. Guess I am the only one this situation was not good.

@lovesrecess  OMG  "Intellectually disabled people" certainly do not need to be reminded to wash their hands.

As though only those who are NOT intellectually disabled wash their hands.

What a horrific statement.  Shame on you.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Scooby DooI do use the wipes that are provided at the front door, as I've read the shopping cart handles and door knobs are laden with bacteria.  I don't worry or obsess, just use the wipee and move on.

@Scooby Doo wrote:

One of the dirtiest places in the store is right there in your grocery cart.  Kids with poopy diapers sit in the child's seat of the cart, rub their snotty noses and hang on to the handle.  The you get the cart next and put your purse in the seat and grab the handle.

All kinds of germs and bacteria there. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3I am sure they are no less guilty of forgetting to wash than many others who have been regarded as intellectuals.I wish that the restroom door wouldn’t open before the sink taps have been activated...just kidding but I do see a few not washing up.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Funny how many get their knickers in a twist about a worker doing

multiple tasks within their job, implying they somehow, someway

they’re carrying human excrement to a customer purchase...

but yet....

eat, without a blink of an eye....

meat, cheese, milk, eggs which have all sorts of

animal feces, blood, bone & pus contained within the food product..

but that’s another conversation for another thread.

@sidsmom

I saw a thread about tainted meat on the Wellness board not long ago and not many responses resulted, but when the same was posted about romaine lettuce this past summer there were dozens of posts and more than one thread.

I wondered why hardly anyone cared about the infected meat but so many were apoplectic about the lettuce.

Maybe people eat more romaine than meat. 

I do. I am not vegan and never plan to be, but I don't eat meat at every meal. More salads. I get my protein from eggs, cheese and seafood. Some poultry.

Please no lectures. I have no interest  in plant based eating.

@Ms tyrion2  Agree 100%.  It gets tiring to see the same lectures about the vegan lifestyle being touted as the ONLY thing people should be eating.

What @sidsmom doesn't get is that plant based foods can be contaminated with e-coli, lysteria, etc.-we see recalls all the time. 

The enivonment?  Yes, water consumption is higher raising animals but it is also taking over the silly almond movement while good produce is being reduced so that they can pour alomond milk over their gmo, chemically grown cereal.

Chemicals used to grow plant based food are in run-offs; our water supplies are just as much at risk as the run-off from animal based food.

People need to be left alone to decide for themselves what to eat and what not to eat.  I agree that plant based is a good way to live; but I cringe at some of these "studies" that claim people are "cured" in just 2 weeks of all kinds of illnesses.

Look to your pesticides, herbicides, and other miserable things seeping into our land and water tables.  Cow f*rts aside, the picture isn't as pretty as some would have others believe.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sanitation at grocery store

You will die from the stress of worrying about all of this.......😄

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Cakers3I am sure they are no less guilty of forgetting to wash than many others who have been regarded as intellectuals.I wish that the restroom door wouldn’t open before the sink taps have been activated...just kidding but I do see a few not washing up.

@dex   I didn't say that.

She said that the particular goup of workers NEED TO BE REMINDED and THAT was offensive.  As though all challenged people are too mentally impaired to understand cleanliness.  She specifically pointed to that "group" of people.  She didn't generalize about ALL workers; just the challenged workers.

Of course not everyone, regardless of mental capacity, will wash his/her hands.  Captain Obvious, if you will.