Honored Contributor

Re: TMI at the checkout today!

Yes you have my story beat! I would never need eyeshadow that bad!
Honored Contributor

I didn’t think people were snarky but just have a different viewpoint...some more than others feel strongly about their diet and lifestyle choices.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because they are part of an intellectually disabled group that is hired by Kroger to bag groceries. They have been trained to work independently there so there is no one in the bathrooms reminding them to wash their hands. Guess I am the only one who thought this scenario was not good.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for getting the point of my post. Am going to try and delete the whole thing now...really offended my the rude comments.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sanitation at grocery store

Come to my grocery store, we have never had baggers. You bag your own and fly the coop. Store is always crowded and everyone wants to get in and out.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot@Because many people are vegetarian and also lettuce is eaten raw.The meat isn’t as dangerous to eat if it is thoroughly cooked.The illness was severe and can kill those with weaker systems.

@dex

Okay, thanks for your thoughts.

I didn't know there were many vegetarians posting on the Wellness board.

I find both things to be a concern, as I would not want to eat tainted lettuce or meat, no matter how well (or not) it was cooked.

Maybe I'm in the minority there.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALoti agree with you.Our food supply is not safe anymore.Some of my friends grow all of their own and only eat wild salmon  on occasion.They have turned their Whole yard into vegetables,fruit and nut trees.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Funny how many get their knickers in a twist about a worker doing

multiple tasks within their job, implying they somehow, someway

they’re carrying human excrement to a customer purchase...

but yet....

eat, without a blink of an eye....

meat, cheese, milk, eggs which have all sorts of

animal feces, blood, bone & pus contained within the food product..

but that’s another conversation for another thread.

@sidsmom

I saw a thread about tainted meat on the Wellness board not long ago and not many responses resulted, but when the same was posted about romaine lettuce this past summer there were dozens of posts and more than one thread.

I wondered why hardly anyone cared about the infected meat but so many were apoplectic about the lettuce.

Maybe people eat more romaine than meat. 

I do. I am not vegan and never plan to be, but I don't eat meat at every meal. More salads. I get my protein from eggs, cheese and seafood. Some poultry.

Please no lectures. I have no interest  in plant based eating.

@Ms tyrion2

I have no interest in giving a "lecture". I don't lecture anyone about diet.  I simply share my experiences and thoughts (and not even much of that anymore), so I don't know where the "don't lecture me" came from.   I was just curious about the responses to both the meat tainted thread and the romaine tainted one.

Even if you only eat meat once a week surely you would be interested in the quality of it.  That's what I would think, anyway.  Only one time could make you very ill, whether it's from meat, dairy, or produce..

Sorry @QueenDanceALot.

That last part wasn't aimed at you.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALoti agree with you.Our food supply is not safe anymore.Some of my friends grow all of their own and only eat wild salmon  on occasion.They have turned their Whole yard into vegetables,fruit and nut trees.

@dex

I think what your friends are doing is wonderful!

Cat Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Sanitation at grocery store

I wash everything, and disinfect packaging. Cashiers think I'm nuts, because I leave my cooler bags in the car, and they can't grasp me tossing items into the cart. I wipe everything before putting them in the bags. That better ensures it is all clean while prepping. Washing food is a no brainer. Think about this though. You put a bag of lettuce in the cart, then on converyor belt, then bag, then your countertop and fridge. You then go to prep your food, yuck. So I clean the outside of everything I can and inside once opened. I started doing this due to very hard water. I got sick of washing my hands 50 times ot make a salad. A bit OCD, but it works.