Honored Contributor

Sanitation at grocery store

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Re: TMI at the checkout today!

Don't you wash your produce before consuming?

Who knows what is on the hands of employees who stock the same produce, not to mention the customers who handle said produce before you.

I think you were taken in with a joke.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

As if a hundred other people haven’t touched that tomato or eggplant, just the toilet-cleaning bag boys?

The takeaway from that story is to wash your produce before consuming or cooking. Even if you decide to bag every piece before checkout. 

How many toilets you figure they got in that store that the bag boys for every checkout lane were taken off the floor to clean them?? Might be more interesting just as information! 

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure, since it's food there too, they'd be washing their hands.  But to save money, some places are now having the cashiers also bag the food that is bought.  

Honored Contributor

Another reason to use self check-out.

Honored Contributor

i have your story beat @lovesrecess

i am part of a group on facebook for qvc shoppers.

a woman today said that her kids were taking a bath and had taken two of her new expensive eye shadow palettes in the bath with them for some fun. one of the kids also had an "accident" in the bathtub.

she wanted to know if anyone thought that they were still safe to use because the small pots of the eyeshadows still had a decent amount of product left in them.

is this a no brainer or what?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I clean my toilets and handle our food. GASP!!! Figured bc I cleaned my hands after any cleaning and before handling food it’s okay. 😏 Why wouldn’t those who work at grocery stores share multiple jobs needing to get done??

Honored Contributor

Lord...like no one in the life of the OP has ever,

in the history of ever, has never-ever used the toilet. 

Honored Contributor

I would think that if the baggers are cleaning the bathrooms then they are wearing gloves do do so like any other janitorial staff. I wouldn't worry about the baggers as much as the customers.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom@Well first off my son says that from his observations few men wash their hands after using the washroom,Next is you clean a bathroom used by family and friends only....so whatever you are going to pick up you would Anyhow.Public washrooms are used by people who may be sick or contagious.I get your point though