QVC Customer Care

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Disgusting that this kind of unsanitary behavior is allowed/condoned in such a beautiful, high-dollar city.....

@ScarletDove

Yes, it's disgusting, but I don't think they have allowed OR condoned the behavior ..... people just do it.   No one asks permission.   

This poop patrol job isn't on anyone's career path, so they have t make it worth someone's while to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

Disgusting that this kind of unsanitary behavior is allowed/condoned in such a beautiful, high-dollar city.....

@ScarletDove

Yes, it's disgusting, but I don't think they have allowed OR condoned the behavior ..... people just do it.   No one asks permission.   

This poop patrol job isn't on anyone's career path, so they have t make it worth someone's while to do it.

@Tinkrbl44

At no additional cost to the city, why not make it "worth someone's while" by making it part of their Sentence to Serve? Win-win.

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@ScarletDove

@Tinkrbl44

At no additional cost to the city, why not make it "worth someone's while" by making it part of their Sentence to Serve? Win-win.

You do understand the cost to do what you suggest is much more than the hiring of poop patrol, right?

Honored Contributor

San Francisco Bee?

Is this a new paper, or did the Sacramento Bee move to SF?    I'd not heard of it before now. 

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

They are called flyover states. The elitist seem to have some disdain for them. Could never figure out why.

Ah, yes, the Coastal Elitists.

*eye roll*

I live in Los Angeles, I hear them speak quite often how they are better than the “fly over states”. That is my experience.

@Nancy Drew

And I am a born and raised New Yorker who lives in Kentucky and hear them (the Kentuckians) speak quite often about how they are better than those elities in New York and California.  When I first moved here and the locals found out I was from New York I saw a lot of backs turn to me.

I grew up in a working class family in New York.  No silver spoon in my mouth. 

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I left last night as it wasn’t productive anymore. For me I wanted to clarify my points. If anyone thinks I take pleasure in bashing my beloved state, that is wrong. I have always felt incredibly lucky to have been born and raise here. I got to travel the whole state. I am very passionate about what is going on here. I may sound snarky but it comes out of great sadness, frustration and not understanding how we got here. Are the stories exaggerated or minimized? I don’t know. I am upset at leadership and even more at the individuals who have let their lives become this low. I generalized last night when I didn’t exclude the word “some”. 

I am also a born and raised Californian and it makes me sad to see that the great San Franciso has turned into an ugly, dirty city. You cant walk down a street without seeing a needle, a homeless person or feces anywhere. The mayor is more concerned banning straws then dealing with affordable housing and homeless. She has her priorities mixed up.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I'm speechless.  Honestly, I don't know what to say.  Exactly who are those people pooping in the streets? 

Honored Contributor

Visiting cities like San Francisco, Seattle, and Minneapolis used be the source of great pleasure, sadly that is not the case anymore. I am going to spend next week in Chicago and it will not be any better than the rest. It is truly a shame and I don't believe anyone here is bashing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Visiting cities like San Francisco, Seattle, and Minneapolis used be the source of great pleasure, sadly that is not the case anymore. I am going to spend next week in Chicago and it will not be any better than the rest. It is truly a shame and I don't believe anyone here is bashing. 

@RetRN

What part of Minneapolis do you find distasteful?  I am very proud of the renovation and revitalization of my city. We have spent a considerable amount of time over the last 6 months right in the heart of downtown at theater, music events and great restaurants. Granted there was a time (urban blight) when many cities throughout the country suffered. Now there is a tremendous resurgence of urban living. The city is filled with new condos, townhomes, flats and apartments. We can be driving home late on a Saturday night and the sketchiest thing we see on Hennepin Avenue is a hipster couple out walking their French bulldog.🙂

That is not to say there aren't pockets of bad areas in any large city. But we aren't dodging turds on the sidewalk in Minneapolis.