Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,647
Registered: ‎09-12-2010

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

@Spinach30, I visited SF for the last time a couple of years ago (had been there 4 or 5 times before that). During that last visit I honestly felt uncomfortable as a tourist and not very welcome. During my first couple of visits, the people were so hospitable, but then it seemed to change. Of course some people were very nice, but overall I just didn't feel like a welcome tourist. It was sad because it used to be such a wonderful city for me to visit.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,910
Registered: ‎05-08-2017

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spinach30 wrote:

You know, this is a bit of an exageration.  Yes, there are some areas where the problem does exist but those areas are in the minority.  I work in San Francisco and think it's beautiful and anyone planning on coming should!  You'll love it!


@Spinach30, no worries. Many of us love SF, and I am one of them. I would go there any time I could.

 

It is, however, a punching bag for some. They despise it and the Left Coast in general

 

 

I love SF too. 

 

These endless threads disparaging the entire state are wearing thin. I wonder what kind of hue and cry there would be if a lot of us decided to post endless insults about other cities and states.

 

I have a list of places I would never visit. It will remain private out of respect for those who may live there.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,606
Registered: ‎10-11-2017

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k


@kitcat51 wrote:

Well at least they're finally addressing the problem & to get someone to do that awful job a higher salary is necessary. 


@kitcat51  Yes, a new day has dawned with renewed hope.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,761
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

Any major city with an abundance of homeless people experience the same problem with human feces among other things.

 

California is highlighted around here because many issues stem from there; from the thread about Q items and shipping to CA to drought issues to straws to other humanitarian problems.

 

However, there certainly have been other cities/states which were put up for inspection-and not very kindly-many times around here.

 

Posters pick and choose outrage; all depends upon the issue and from where the issue originates.

 

btw:  Human feces is a result of a humanitarian problem.  Those who don't see that just don't understand.

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,940
Registered: ‎03-30-2010

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

I haven't read anything negative about CA as a state.  We are concerned about San Francisco and the need to have city employees cleaning human waste from streets and sidewalks.  Typhus is a deadly disease caused by poor sanitation.  I don't want to go to Calcutta either!  If you read my post about wanting to visit various areas in CA, you cannot say we are anti CA!  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,612
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

I don’t think “WE” are the bad guys because we have a beautiful, really beautiful, American city become a slum in some areas, that we dare to say it outload. I think because the ones who they favor run it makes them sensitive.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,910
Registered: ‎05-08-2017

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k


@Nancy Drew 1 wrote:

I don’t think “WE” are the bad guys because we have a beautiful, really beautiful, American city become a slum in some areas, that we dare to say it outload. I think because the ones who they favor run it makes them sensitive.


 

 

...and perhaps you've hit the nail on the head regarding what this is really about.

 

It's political.  Not all that subtle really.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

Why don't they put that money into a program to get the homeless and metally ill off the streets

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,612
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k


@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Nancy Drew 1 wrote:

I don’t think “WE” are the bad guys because we have a beautiful, really beautiful, American city become a slum in some areas, that we dare to say it outload. I think because the ones who they favor run it makes them sensitive.


 

 

...and perhaps you've hit the nail on the head regarding what this is really about.

 

It's political.  Not all that subtle really.


I disagree. At least for me it is about “ OUR” city that all Americans were proud of. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,062
Registered: ‎05-23-2011

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

I believe this very subject has been brought up several times and within the last month. There are also numerous threads concerning California  pro and con that get really ridiculous! Is it politics? Yes especially for the ones who take issue with the state and big cities within it borders.