Trusted Contributor

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

@Spinach30 wrote:

You know, this is a bit of an exageration.  Yes, there are some areas where the problem does exist but those areas are in the minority.  I work in San Francisco and think it's beautiful and anyone planning on coming should!  You'll love it!

I respect your opinion but when the new mayor comes out with The Poop Patrol, that doesn't sound like an exaggeration.  @Spinach30

Respected Contributor

@Sooner,

Very sad and horrible for the people who live in San Francisco and pay extremely high taxes, not to mention the high cost of housing.   They never expected to be living in the mess that's there now.  San Francisco got itself into this mess. I won't say more because it will be considered political. ☹️

Respected Contributor

Its a beautiful city until your walking close to see the Giants game and park down some street. I have seen Panhandlers, homeless, junkies, needles in the street and poop in door ways. Not to mention some areas smell like urine. The Mayor's first thing to do was ban plastic straws, now she is working on getting safe injection sites for people who shoot up have a safe place to go and keep the needles off the street. I wish she would put that much effort to find affordable housing and getting the homeless off the street.

To live in SF one must make 270,000.00 a year now. That poll came out last month. Very expensive to live there.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Well at least they're finally addressing the problem & to get someone to do that awful job a higher salary is necessary. 

Respected Contributor

This is so hard to believe.....aren’t there public restrooms available ? AND, where are the ubiquitous cameras to discover exactly who is making this mess ?

They are the ones who should be cleaning up the mess and not for pay:  financial penalties should be imposed and collected.  

How about Wanted posters ?  Paper and online ?

A city does not have to tolerate this disease-spreading behavior unless it wants to !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@jlkz

They talked a good talk but looked the other way.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

@jlkz

When I first heard about this I mentioned to my husband, "why not just put out port-a-potties"?  His comment :"the people using the streets might not know about toilets"!  He's right!  We don't think twice about finding a public bathroom, but people from 3rd world countries do what they did at home, use the street. 

These people have no money, how are they going to pay penalties?  Wanted posters?  The city believes they are being kind to allow people to live on the streets! They are not going to post wanted posters!  

You are thinking like a reasonable person, but you can't make sense out of nonsense. 

Honored Contributor

@Spinach30 wrote:

You know, this is a bit of an exageration.  Yes, there are some areas where the problem does exist but those areas are in the minority.  I work in San Francisco and think it's beautiful and anyone planning on coming should!  You'll love it!

@Spinach30, no worries. Many of us love SF, and I am one of them. I would go there any time I could.

It is, however, a punching bag for some. They despise it and the Left Coast in general.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

My brother lived in San Francisco for more than 20 years.  He finally moved when they couldn't afford to buy a house (they were renting) and the homeless population was getting out of control...this was a good 15 years ago!

I can't believe how low it has become.

Respected Contributor

I have wanted to visit San Francisco , Napa Valley, and the far north of the state with the amazing Sequoua trees.  Now, I will not go to San Francisco.  Any city that allows the streets to be taken over by people who don't understand sanitation doesn't deserve my money.  I would still love visiting the other locations I mentioned.   We do not hate San Francisco or California, we just don't want to patronize a city whose government seems clueless about public health and safety.   If they are unable to have and enforce strict health codes, we will look out for ourselves.