Esteemed Contributor

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

It seems to me that rather than spending nearly a million dollars on 5 or 6 employees it would make a lot more sense to use offenders that have been given community service sentences to do the cleanup.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

It seems to me that rather than spending nearly a million dollars on 5 or 6 employees it would make a lot more sense to use offenders that have been given community service sentences to do the cleanup.

This is my vote for the winning post for common sense. Of course THAT will never fly!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

One of my son's former teacher just came back from visiting her son who lives there................she couldn't tell me one positive thing about that part of the country but he's paying for it so all we could do is laugh.

Honored Contributor

I can always find a friend of a friend who went somewhere and had nothing good to say about that city/area of the country!  

This is just the usual "bash California" post of the day.  

Maybe they don't always start out that way,but they always end up that way.

Valued Contributor

The mayor is the problem.
Respected Contributor

@Spinach30 wrote:

You know, this is a bit of an exageration.  Yes, there are some areas where the problem does exist but those areas are in the minority.  I work in San Francisco and think it's beautiful and anyone planning on coming should!  You'll love it!

Last time I was in San Francisco was 10 years ago when taking a cruise but I have no desire to go back.  When you allow people to act like uncivilized crude beings, you get the San Francisco of today.  Unfortunately, Minneapolis is going down the same road from what I hear.  Public urination is allowed with no worry of being arrested.  And so, it starts.

Esteemed Contributor

While living in Southern California for forty years I visited San Francisco numerous times.  I am glad I was able to do that before it became a cesspool.  It is beyond my comprehension that the beautiful city has been abused in such a manner, disgraceful.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

We've been slowing taking our 15 year old twins all over this great country of ours.  I want them to experience all the wonderful places the USA has to offer.  Our last trip in July was to Boston and we had a fantastic time exploring all the places that they are learning about in their American History class.  Unfortunately, San Francisco is off our list.  It used to be such a beautiful city; now it's a cesspool.  Gross!

Respected Contributor

My dog doesn't even do that ... disgusting~!

Esteemed Contributor

This is the oddest thread I've read in ages.