Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: San Francisco to pay salaries of more than $70k

@blackhole99 wrote:

Why don't they put that money into a program to get the homeless and metally ill off the streets

@blackhole99that's next I hope. 

Honored Contributor

I am not in favor of letting our cities get in this state.  We have always imagined America as a place where our citizens are for the most part free and safe, free from disease and squalor, a place where people contribute and uphold our laws and are thrilled because they can have a job and a home and family, and safe and clean cities, towns and rural areas to live in. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I am not in favor of letting our cities get in this state.  We have always imagined America as a place where our citizens are for the most part free and safe, free from disease and squalor, a place where people contribute and uphold our laws and are thrilled because they can have a job and a home and family, and safe and clean cities, towns and rural areas to live in. 

Well said! @Sooner

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spinach30 wrote:

You know, this is a bit of an exageration.  Yes, there are some areas where the problem does exist but those areas are in the minority.  I work in San Francisco and think it's beautiful and anyone planning on coming should!  You'll love it!

@Spinach30, no worries. Many of us love SF, and I am one of them. I would go there any time I could.

It is, however, a punching bag for some. They despise it and the Left Coast in general.

@suzyQ3

As far as I can tell, they don't like the Right Coast either.

Maybe they just don't like the ocean?

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

This situation must be on skid row, not on the average San Franciso sidewalk, and way downtown, not in the average neighborhood or around hotels and restaurants, so wouldn't affect anyone unless you go to the dregs of the City, which many states have..

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spinach30 wrote:

You know, this is a bit of an exageration.  Yes, there are some areas where the problem does exist but those areas are in the minority.  I work in San Francisco and think it's beautiful and anyone planning on coming should!  You'll love it!

@Spinach30, no worries. Many of us love SF, and I am one of them. I would go there any time I could.

It is, however, a punching bag for some. They despise it and the Left Coast in general.

@suzyQ3

Cat LOL

LOL!!!!!  All those little people that just are caught in the middle watching the airplanes overhead!   Is that who "they" are????   Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

It was posted that $70,000 is half the cost of the clean up.  Not a salary for someone doing the cleanup.

Carry on with the exaggerations of what's going on in San Francisco.

Esteemed Contributor

They are called flyover states. The elitist seem to have some disdain for them. Could never figure out why.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spinach30 wrote:

@suzyQ3

Cat LOL

LOL!!!!!  All those little people that just are caught in the middle watching the airplanes overhead!   Is that who "they" are????   Woman Very Happy

Obviously, "they" refers to the posters here who love to rag on California and New York.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

It was posted that $70,000 is half the cost of the clean up.  Not a salary for someone doing the cleanup.

Carry on with the exaggerations of what's going on in San Francisco.

It happens every day and posters run away with the WRONG information!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson