Honored Contributor

Re: San Bernardino school shooting

@ChynnaBlue Yes I read that he had charges but no convictions. There have been many attempts to change laws regarding people involved in domestic violence and their access to guns. But, well...doesn't always work out. I'm glad I live in a state with stricter gun laws.

I don't know all the details in this case because it bothers me too much to read about it. So sick of this.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

Restraining orders often fail but I wouldn't  discourage anyone from getting one because of that

Trusted Contributor

If all schools had metal detectors they would have discovered he gun on that selfish creep..........but life is not important over here in America unless its their family member...........all schools and offies should have metal detectors especially schools where innocent children are.  Horrible that more taxes are not collected to make sure all schools have metal detectors.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I don't see why anyone should be allowed in a school near children.  If he wanted to see his wife, he could have been told to wait in an entrance way or something like that and they would call her, or make him wait there until recess.

@Noel7Definitely should have been a policy and maybe it was and someone dropped the ball. Terrible consequences.