Valued Contributor

San Bernardino school shooting

I didn't see this posted, so I will.  An estranged husband goes into a school where his wife is a teacher, and shoots her dead in her classroom, hitting two young children who are behind her, and then kills himself.  One of the children died.  The other seems to be hanging on.  How awful! Evidently he was known to the staff when he entered and said he had something to give his wife.  How could anyone know what his plans were?  It seemed so innocent.  I wonder what changes this incident will bring.  I doubt we can totally protect our children in schools even with all our technology. 

Honored Contributor

Re: San Bernardino school shooting

Unless we hold the children inside of barricaded schools with no outside contact, they are always going to be vulnerable.  Should they also not be allowed outside for PE classes or recess, what about field trips? 

Should parents not be permitted to pick up children during school hours or visitors not allowed in classrooms?   It's a sad state of affairs when nobody can be trusted. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

Wow! I just read the article. My heart and prayers go out to the families.  I have two children and can't image hearing this news. I would rush to the school as well. Tragic.  

Esteemed Contributor

This is so terrible.  I read this earlier along with some other awful events around the country.  Why couldn't this man wait till she left the school and on her way to kill her and himself?  Rage is something very scarey to me.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

From what I understand it was a domestic case.  The man went to the office to get permission to get to the classroom, they knew in the office who he was.

Now, how can anything like this be ever prevented.

It was so innocent and turned out so tragic.

QVC Customer Care

@itiswhatitis I agree. Rage is unstable and causes some not to see or think clearly.  Rage is also selfish. My heart goes out to the kids and the teacher. 

Honored Contributor

The teacher taught special needs children....I can't imagine the terror those kids went through.....as well as the two other adult aides.  It has upset me all afternoon as I am the parent of a SN teen.....ya send your child to school....and this can happen.....prayers to all those involved. Passover....I'm out....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

this is so horribly sad......

i cannot believe he got into the school and then into the classroom with a gun!

Smiley MadSmiley Sad

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't see why anyone should be allowed in a school near children.  If he wanted to see his wife, he could have been told to wait in an entrance way or something like that and they would call her, or make him wait there until recess.

Honored Contributor

When it comes to kids, I am like the X-Files:  TRUST NO ONE