Honored Contributor

@mdgrammy 

I continued my membership even after kids were gone.  We also joined Costco during shutdown due to offered a good incentive.  

I don't need 10-12 pork chops but for center cut at $2.23/lb. ($14.72 pack) I was kicking myself because the day before $5.99/lb for 4 pork chops cost me $12 at Publix.

The meats are always great prices & I like their meats.

I do buy the chicken breasts because we eat a lot of chicken. Sam's $1.77/lb. vs. Publix $6.99/lb. 

And there are other things I do buy there batteries, cleaning supplies and of course -- 

Never leave without a rotisserie chicken at $4.98!  That's the best deal in Sam's & Costco!

Honored Contributor

Their pies are good too. Skip pumpkin though. Big ol' pecan  pie is 12 I think, small apple pies are 7. When you eat out one sliver of pecan pie can be 6 bucks.

You can cut the giant  pecan in  half and freeze,  or eat a half and freeze the other, thaw out.

People that don't bake buy their cookie trays and bring to our church.

I recognize them LOL mini muffins, cupcakes, etc. Women who can't or won't bake Sam's is their go to place. LOL

Honored Contributor

Costco , is too expensive. 45 is bad enough  for sam's not paying 65 a yr. too pricey for our blood.

Respected Contributor

We are members of both, and have two Sam's and two Costco clubs near us. I prefer Costco because they have a better selection of merchandise. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Costco , is too expensive. 45 is bad enough  for sam's not paying 65 a yr. too pricey for our blood.

@SharkE  I bought my 4 new Michelain tires for my SUV at Costco in April and saved a heck of a lot more than the $65 membership fee.

My car dealership who of course wanted me to buy tires there, told me they could match anyone's price except Costco's.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE We are hooked on those

big pecan pies, just the two of us but

they are so good, even the crust is 

buttery....and twelve bucks ! I'll never bake another as long as they keep having them for the holidays.😋

Esteemed Contributor

My Sam's Club is about 4 miles from me, so I go there once or twice a month. Their prices for wine are excellent and they have a great selection. Frozen breakfast sandwiches for DH, large bags of peanuts for the squirrels and deer, bakery items, rotisserie chicken, beauty items....on and on. It's just DH and me and we're both retired, but I always find what I need and then some.

Honored Contributor

Their stew meat is beautiful.  The only item I personally didn't care for was ribeye steaks.  Apparently, they aren't aged and had no flavor.

Honored Contributor

I belong to Sam's and Costco. There are 3 Sam's within 20 minutes of our house and 1 Costco.

Sam's has a much wider selection than Costco. So we end up going to Sam's just about every week. Costco once every 3 months.

An example of the selection. Sam's has 8 different flavors of Monster Drink. Costco has 1 - original flavor. Dog food - Sam's has 3 isles of dry, canned, treats and assorted items by numerous manufacturers. Costco has half of an isle of only dry dog food and almost all their brand.

Sam's you can go on line and see if an item you want to buy is in stock. Costco you don't know if an item is in stock until you get to the store.

That is a big reason why we always seem to go to Sam's, they have a nice selection and they are well stocked. Costco still has a board of all the items that they are out of stock, when you walk into the store. I was surprised the other day when we went to Costco the board said they were out of Lysol, paper towels and about 4 other items.

Valued Contributor

We've had a Sam's membership for years. I love that they have the self scan now, it expedites the horrendous lines.

We went to Costco when it came to our town. I noticed that a good bulk of their products were Kirkland brand. Is that typical for Costco? (I know the Kirkland brand is highly recommended for many things). But for things such as paper towel, Kleenex, etc, I prefer certain brands.