Respected Contributor

Re: Same Commercial, Two Different Channels

@SANNA wrote:

Yep, Joe Namath commercial is annoying.  But I really dislike Motor commercial with half man/ half bike in it. What an obnoxious and condescending character he is!

Me too, keep wishing the thing would take off over the hill. Just a stupid ad . I'm not sure or can remember what they are advertising that's how impressed I am.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

I didn't ever think that any commercial could be as annoying as Maria Osmond and nutrition-system, but Joe Namath takes the cake!! It's the worst ever!!  

Then you haven't seen the girl sticking the thing up her nose, and holding a jug, and saying it will clean your sinus out if you squeeze and spray this water up your nose. Can't remember the name because I always look away. Sold at most drug stores. sickining.

Esteemed Contributor

I detest when "this is MY body of proof" commercials come on. As soon as I hear the first few notes of that stupid banjo or whatever it is music I hit that Mute button so fast. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Glitter51 wrote:

I didn't ever think that any commercial could be as annoying as Maria Osmond and nutrition-system, but Joe Namath takes the cake!! It's the worst ever!!  

Then you haven't seen the girl sticking the thing up her nose, and holding a jug, and saying it will clean your sinus out if you squeeze and spray this water up your nose. Can't remember the name because I always look away. Sold at most drug stores. sickining.

Nivage.

It serves the same purpose as a Netti pot.

It is used to irrigate your sinuses.

navage-drug-free-sinus-relief-large-2.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Yep, Joe Namath commercial is annoying.  But I really dislike Motor commercial with half man/ half bike in it. What an obnoxious and condescending character he is!

Me too, keep wishing the thing would take off over the hill. Just a stupid ad . I'm not sure or can remember what they are advertising that's how impressed I am.

Progressive Insurance.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Here's my great case for recording most of my TV programs. Fast forwarding is a wonderful thing.

Honored Contributor

I agree, the Joe Namath commercials are horrible.

A new one is on that grates.  It's about Stitch comforters.  The woman says the company has "me and my family's health" in mind.  How can anyone take this seriously when a commercial intentionally uses improper grammar.

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

If you lived here in Georgia you would be thankful for any commercial that wasn't politcial. UGH Can't wait for Jan.5.

@grandma2pkmh  I live in SC but our "local" stations are from GA (we live very close to the border), so we have to put up with those commercials, too. Frankly, I think all political ads and phone calls should be outlawed. I don't base my vote on a candidate's ads, and a phone call sure won't change my mind, either.

And if they can't outlaw them, then at least make it where each candidate is only allowed to talk about themselves and what they will do...and NOT allowed to even mention their opponents names or positions.!

Trusted Contributor

@vermint   Sorry you have to hear our mess.  I totally agree with your opinion regarding the ads.  Only talk about what you can/will do and leave the other person alone.  I haven't answered my phone in 3 months, turned ringer off,  goes straight to voice mail.

Trusted Contributor

The Plexaderm commercial has my vote for the most obnoxious one of all time.