Valued Contributor

Sales and free shipping, gone for now?

[ Edited ]

I like to browse web sites, and lately especially those of brick and mortar stores I enjoy shopping at but can;t now due to the closures. Has anyone notriced there seem to be fewer sales and less free shipping offers? Tonight, I noticed MacKenize Childs is on Shop HQ, and no free shipping. They always have free shipping! I can't afford to buy anything, because their items are high anyway and Shop HQ has high shipping fees. Other online stores are no better though. I wondered why, since we cannot go inside stores and are doing more online shopping, there seem to be fewer sales, etc...

Honored Contributor

Re: Sales and free shipping, gone for now?

Retail stores are struggling.  They can't afford giveaways.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I like to browse web sites, and lately especially those of brick and mortar stores I enjoy shopping at but can;t now due to the closures. Has anyone notriced there seem to be fewer sales and less free shipping offers? Tonight, I noticed MacKenize Childs is on Shop HQ, and no free shipping. They always have free shipping! I can't afford to buy anything, because their items are high anyway and Shop HQ has high shipping fees. Other online stores are no better though. I wondered why, since we cannot go inside stores and are doing more online shopping, there seem to be fewer sales, etc...

@LisaMofSLC Nordstrom.com has been having some really good online sales, which is very unusual for them this time of year.  They always offer free shipping and returns.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

@LisaMofSLC Nordstrom.com has been having some really good online sales, which is very unusual for them this time of year.  They always offer free shipping and returns.

Nordstrom is not placing any new orders and they are behind in paying their vendors Also, Macy's lost 50% of their sales after closing their stores in March. They stated the store got a lot of foot traffic. Macy's does have good sales and free shipping for orders over $25.

Respected Contributor

@elated I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to place an order.  I placed one yesterday and it went through.  How do you know that they are behind in paying their vendors?

Honored Contributor

I've actually gotten some excellent deals and haven't seen a decrease in sales. ShopHQ has never been one to offer major specials off their usual "special prices" except for the 20% off emails I get if I spend $99. 
HSN Just sent a $10 off coupon off any order over $10 so I'm not really seeing the same trend. 

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@elated I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to place an order.  I placed one yesterday and it went through.  How do you know that they are behind in paying their vendors?

@Linmo I think she means that Nordstrom isn't placing any new orders from THEIR suppliers/vendors.  Staying with the inventory they already have.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I have also gotten some great deals on Macy's and free shipping!

Respected Contributor

HSN just sent me a 20% off one item coupon. I always use them (got some killer Fit Flops and free shipping too!) and wish Q would do the same.